Monday, March 10, 2014

National Nap at Work Day!


OK, I didn’t nap at work. I did watch craft videos and blog surf though. My Iphone comes in handy like that. I was surfing youtube and found this +Jennifer McGuire  tutorial:

It has been awhile since I have crafted with paper and I had the urge after watching the video. After work I marched straight into my craft room, with my scrubs still on, because I WILL fall asleep if I change clothes and get comfy. I also went in there with the intention that I would start an art journal per +Tiare Smith  and +Hetty Sanders  and their Journal52 blog entries. I follow both of them on Bloglovin’ and loved their latest posts about their art journals, which I was also surfing at work today. But, I was distracted when I started playing with the Distress Inks on watercolor paper because Jennifer’s tutorial was so much fun. I ended up making two cards…
This one was supposed to be a Distress Ink Bleed like the video. It didn’t exactly turn out like that, but I like it. I added the background noise stamp so that I could enter it in the Club Scrap NBUS Noise Stamp Challenge for March.
Heart-Wing-Noise-Background
Then I figured, while I was at it, I would make an entry for the ALBC (Assembly Line Boot Camp ) Week 5 Challenge. This week was projects using stencils/masks. This is what evolved:
Antique phone i just called 
The stencil is from the Gimme a Ring Club Scrap kit. I inked it with embossing ink and embossed with copper embossing powder. I embossed the sentiment image as well. All card stock and stamps are from +Club Scrap .

Sigh…I ate leftovers, DID NOT finish the laundry, and made a mess in my craft room that I didn’t pick up either. Hey, I had to work today and it is the first work day after Spring Forward. Give me a break!  Now, time for a NAP, I am off to bed…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!