Saturday, March 29, 2014

ALBC Week 7-The Sparkle Continues!


I had a rough week and treated myself to a trip to Hobby Lobby after work Friday. I walked around for an hour looking. Did I need anything? No. But this stamp just called out to me on the clearance rack…
005
I had a leftover frame from my Nestabilities and saved it thinking I would make a card for the ALBC frame challenge. Glad I did because it was perfect on this card!
001
Stickles for sparkle, Club Scrap card stock of course.
+Julie Heyer posted a BEAUTIFULLY artsy card on Club Scrap Creates using a 3D stamping technique.

It is a little complicated for me,  I am a visual learner and needed a video, so I did a little searching and found this simple techinique for 3D stamping. Not as beautiful as Julie’s, but something I can handle.

My test… I used Club Scrap Sapphire ink for the shadow and Club Scrap white pigment ink for the main image (also a CS stamp). Thankfully I bought Stamp-a-ma-jig a few years ago in one of my Hobby Lobby tours. Turned out so cool!
009
The next card is so simple, but I like it. This stamp didn’t work for the shadow stamping technique (the stamp needs to be a bold image), but I stamped tone on tone for fun. I love this Club Scrap tulip stamp…
004002
Stickles for bling again. Love that stuff. The “Diamond” is my favorite, but I can never find it when I’m shopping!
So, buying the Keep Calm stamp made me feel better. I made two cards, tried a new technique…it was a successful shopping trip. Hey, when mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!