Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Luck of the Irish!


I love St. Patrick's Day, even though I don't think we're Irish. I remember when I was little we celebrated St. Patrick's Day at school. Everybody wore green and if you didn't, you'd get pinched. We made shamrocks out of construction paper and hung them in the classroom. At lunch we had green jello. Later in the afternoon the room moms gave us a party and we got shamrock shaped cookies, green kool-aid, and little plastic mesh bags with little gold foil wrapped chocolate coins. Oh, and Lucky Charms was the new cereal promoted during Saturday morning cartoons. I didn't really like it, but I liked the commercial! See what an impression that made on me?  I love Irish blessings,  my favorite movie of all time is The Quiet Man, and green is one of my favorite colors. So, in celebration of St. Patrick's Day, I made a card that reminds me of 2nd grade at Hynes Elementary School and all the recess minutes we spent looking for that four leaf clover in the school yard...



The cardstock is from the Club Scrap Haberdashery kit from 2008. The fleur-de-lis unmounted stamp image is also from that kit. The large fleur-de-lis stamp is one of my favorites!

 
The unmounted stamp sentiment is from the Club Scrap Henna kit from 2008.

 
I cut the shamrock with the Cricut and The Paperdoll Dress-Up cartridge, and I cut the frame in the card with a Cuttlebug frame template.
 
I am going to make a few more cards for the ALBC week 6 challenge, "frames" with all these extras! I have had that template for years, and never used it…~sigh~.

I thought I'd share my lightbox set up. I made it a couple of years ago to photograph my blog post projects. It's kind of fun to see what goes on in the background sometimes!


I made a light filter with a white tea towel and a flashlight. I broke the reading light I had all rigged up when I moved the box, so I had to improvise! It kinda made a vertical stripe shadow in my pictures, but they'll do.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite Irish blessings:

May all who know you love you.
And if they do not love you, may God turn their hearts.
And if he does not turn their hearts may he turn their ankles, so you will know them by their limping!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!