Thursday, March 13, 2014

Art Journal…the Beginning.


iclassygirl.com/ +Tiare Smith  hosted an Art Journal Pajama Party Wednesday night on Spreecast. It was my first time to watch a live broadcast class. Really fun! I ended up watching while I made dinner, jumping in to comment in the chatroom in between cooking breaks. Art journaling intrigues me, partly because I am not good at it.  I don’t know what my problem is! Art journaling scares me! I like things more uniform and maybe the free-spiritedness (I don’t know if that’s a word, but I kind of like it!) of it freaks me out? Years ago, artist Judi Russell +judi.russ@earthlink.net wrote a post about art journaling on watercolorpainting.com.  I bought a sketch book, journaled about 10 pages,  put it away and it got lost in the recesses of my craft room. I decided to dig for it after I RSVP’d to Tiare’s PJ party. I got out my art supplies (sadly some of them I have never opened) and tentatively jumped in.  I decided to use Judi’s art journaling technique for awhile. It’s simple, I can take my supplies anywhere, and it gets me thinking. The sketch in the background is mine from 6 years ago…
006
I don’t want to share the whole journal page I made last night, but I will share the bit that I like…the stamp image.
010
The stamp is a Club Scrap woodmounted stamp from the Expressions kit from 2010. It was so random, happiness, dreams…The theme of my journaling page ended up being “Fishing”. That was the image I saw in my doodling. Fishing in a sea of happiness and dreams. That’s cool, and it was right there in my subconscious! I used perfect pearls instead of ink. You can’t really see the image unless you handle the book.  Jeez, that’s a hidden meaning from my “unconscious mind”! It’s been a long time since I have gotten those Perfect pearls out. I missed them!
015
I am not going to stress myself and say, “I have to art journal every day.” Because then, I just won’t do it. But I will say that I can art journal whenever I feel like it. Hey! That is starting to sound like “free-spiritedness”!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!