Sunday, August 28, 2016

🎶You are my Sunshine!🎶

This was Little Eudie...

Guitar Grandma Judy_edited-2

I knew her as Grandma Judy. She grew up during the Depression on a plantation in North Louisiana near Shreveport.She sang on KWKH radio in the 1930's before it was Louisiana Hayride, and they changed her name from Eudie to Judy! She became an Air Force wife, after marrying my Cajun grandfather at the start of World War II, and had nine children. She raised her children alone after my grandfather died in 1965. She never married again, and kept his memory alive with stories and pictures for all the 27 grandchildren and 32 great-grandchildren who never knew him. Grandma introduced us to old time gospel music, artists like Gene Autry and  Jimmie Davis, and lots of folk music as rock and roll took precedence on the radio. She was fond of road trips, and those long drives were filled with stories and songs. "You are My Sunshine" was a favorite tune! This art journal layout is a tribute to my 1970's childhood and Grandma Judy who helped shape it...

img_2106

I even made a little "how-to" video featuring her favorite song!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvqCwWh-_s]

I designed my art journal background in Photoshop Elements (PSE).

[caption id="attachment_2557" align="alignnone" width="1150"]Full LO Club Scrap Sunflowers and The Blues digital kit elements. Guitar image found here. [/caption]

I printed on tissue paper!  While trying to figure out the "how" of getting the design in my art journal, I remembered my roll of Tim Holtz  melange tissue wrap. I found a great tutorial on printing on regular tissue paper and tested it out. The effect was perfect!

Background

I printed the other elements on Club Scrap card stock.

Sunflower Elements

"In memory, everything seems to happen to music." ~ Tennessee Williams

Miss you Little Eudie, but I've got the music in me!

Wendy

Challenges entered:

4 Crafty Chicks #313 Let's Get Sentimental

Pile It On # 115 Die Cut Embellishments

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 326 ~ It's all about YOU!

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Super job❣And I especially enjoy your tutorials, although I could never be so creative. I was lucky to have known your sweet Grandma Judy and even remember holding her hand and walking up a long path with her the last time I saw her. So glad you shared this tribute to her.❤️Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Wendy! Your attention to detail is brilliant. I'll be humming that sound all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant!! Gorgeous creation for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my you sure know how to naik a theme, And I LOVE this! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, and thanks for sharing with us, great card!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!