Sunday, August 14, 2016

Que sera, sera...

🎶Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see, que sera, sera🎶

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade (or pretty things!). The epitome of careless and free...kitten heels with feathers and flowers!


I always wanted some feathery heels like that... I'm a HUGE klutz though, and that would be an accident waiting to happen if I put them on my feet. I'll stick with brightly painted toes and my Birkenstocks. It's safer!



I had fun with this design. I wanted to use the shoe stamp image from Club Scrap's Steppin' Out kit, but I wanted it to be bigger. I stamped the image and scanned it, so I could manipulate it in Photoshop Elements (PSE).

Shoe Step 1

I used Club Scrap digital images from Bistro, Sunflowers and  CS Masks Vol.1 to make the background. I recolored the Sunflowers digital "paper" to fit my lime, fuschia and black color scheme. I just love the watercolor resist look of the background!

Shoe Step 2

I wanted the sunflower image to be a vintage shoe clip, so I resized it to fit.

Shoe Step 3

I colored the sunflower image with Derwent Coloursoft colored pencils, "fussy cut" the sunflower image and added bling with stickles. Topped it with a spatter of white paint for effect and voila!

img_1972

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world!"~Marliyn Monroe

Wendy

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap NBUS=Never Before Used Stuff Challenge 8-2016

Pile It On Challenge-Make Your Own Background! 

Stamplorations August 2016 Challenge Stamps, Markers and Pencils 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Great make. I'd give these heels a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I love the idea of digitizing your stamps. The colors are fantastic and most of all...it's a shoe! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, what a totally fun idea!! Such a lovely and happy card. Really love what you created and the sunflower embellishment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations are so fun, wacky and wonderful! Wish I had that much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Sometimes I feel like my interests are all over the place! My mom was my first art teacher. She taught me there is never a "wrong" answer with art and creativity. I was terrible in math, so art was super appealing! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is interesting! Love the colorful texture in this card! Love the quote too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!