Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Pocketful of Sunshine!

Social forces influenced my crafting behavior. The title was inspired by the movie Easy A.  It was background noise while I was working. I liked it! I even laughed out loud a couple of times.   Especially during this scene...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HVCB9hW6kg]

I'll admit I was humming it and probably dancing a little bit. When the song was over, this was the result of "getting my craft on"...a pocketful of sunshine!

 

[caption id="attachment_2584" align="alignnone" width="2448"] Club Scrap Sunflowers Lite kit[/caption]

I used the card sketch from Club Scrap's August 2016 Card Sketch challenge and tweaked it just a little bit.

 


Club Scrap member Ruby gave me the idea. I saw these cards on Ruby's blog and I thought it looked like a shirt collar! Aren't they cute?

img_20160816_162816_584

Then, I found a template for a Father's Day shirt pocket card on Holiday Crafts and Creations and gussied it up with elements from the Sunflowers Lite kit.

[caption id="attachment_2614" align="alignnone" width="720"]14202677_10210602013114428_2145417244635345287_n Sunflower was "fussy cut" from the printed cutaparts and decorated with Stickles, yellow lace ribbon kit element adorns the collar, button brads from a past Club Scrap kit, pocket and collar were embossed with a tiny mosaic Cuttlebug embossing folder and rubbed with black soot Distress ink.[/caption]

I searched through my sentiment stamps for something fitting and found this one from Club Scrap's Haberdashery kit from 2008. I stamped it on the inside of the card. ( I didn't want to get anything on my shirt!)

14102337_10210602013834446_1277258547243451241_n

AND...♫ I got pocket,
Got a pocketful of sunshine...♫♪

Wendy

Linked up to:

 photo 0816HopBadge_zpssp0wc0pk.jpg

 

8 comments:

  1. Never heard that song before. Your card rocks though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and love the Sonoma brads they make an excellent additon. (at least i think they are sonoma!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shirt card! So cute! Great song to match up with the card. Have a great day Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stories behind your creations ALMOST as much as the creations themselves. Thanks for sharing your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the special touches to your card! The lace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!