Monday, August 22, 2016

Imagine Sunflowers!

A few weeks ago, I was a guest blogger at Club Scrap. I decided at the last minute to film a quick video to go with my post.  I spent the last four years shooting and videoing high school football and baseball games. I will miss doing it and wanted to test out my skills filming my art journal process. I enjoyed it so much, I had to do it again! I have wanted to try this stencil technique for awhile, and I decided to make a video testing it out totally unrehearsed...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQjyBL_Qv0]

Gosh I love how this card turned out! It reminds me of a vintage seed packet. Grunge and distress is not my usual style, but taking a new path is an adventure!

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” ~ Walt Disney

[caption id="attachment_2368" align="alignnone" width="712"]14040010_10210517739807648_4761506219104487792_n Club Scrap Sunflowers stencil and digital kit backgrounds. Ranger Texture paste colored with Club Scrap re-inkers (Topaz and Earth) and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. Sparkle added with Perfect Pearls and Distress Stickles.[/caption]

14021476_10210517739087630_2504764921107321887_n

14045757_10210517739207633_6862901921256505406_n

Sunflower title for video

Do more of what makes you happy!

Wendy

This card was the winner of the Inspired by Color Challenge at DRS Designs
Challenges entered:

Southern Girls Challenge...Anything Goes #141

DRS Designs Thursday Challenge... Inspired By Color 

3ac488f37dc4bfa4565b75f3ef908722

Allsorts Challenge Blog...Fabulous Florals

21 comments:

  1. This is fantastic inking and I actually thought the flower was cut from paper and applied to the panel. Never would have guessed it was texture paste, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, this is a great card and cool technique. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, distress/grunge is just my style - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I find myself leaning more in that direction every time I make something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was cool! I love the different effects you got on the flower and the gorgeous end result. I really like the fast-motion video too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm impatient. It would be way too long if it wasn't sped up! Ain't nobody got time for that!😜

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Sometimes I might need a 20 minute tutorial, and sometimes I just need to get the gist of it and I am done and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this beautiful creative technique - !

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty Sunflower creation for our theme this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab, very sort of shabby, wonderful, thanks for visiting me and thanks for playing at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely texture on the sunflower! Great video too, such an advantage over static photos to explain the process. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much! It's much more fun to share the process in a video. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! Congrats on the win over at DRS! Just saw it,,,
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I didn't know! Going to check now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors and textures look fantastic! I watched the video. Great idea using q tips for sponging, for now I've used brushes, but it looks easier to get more color on with your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've discovered that gelatos blend like oil pastels on top of gel medium. Using the q tip was out of necessity, but I think they work better than blending sponges.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!