Saturday, August 6, 2016

Creativity in Full Bloom


"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" ~Albert Einstein

I work best when my desk is a mess. I don't know why?  I do lose things on it though. I'll put something down and it's like it gets sucked into another dimension only to reappear later. When I really get into a project, I feel like I lose time. I'll look up and realize I've been working for hours. Those are creative days!

My creativity was in full bloom today. I started out playing around in Photoshop Elements (PSE) out of boredom, and ended up creating a hybrid card. I created the base in PSE using elements from Club Scrap's Sunflower digital kit, and resized the sunflower element to fit on the Pin Up Queen Dylusions stamp.

Capture

I printed everything onto white card stock and cut the pieces out. I used Derwent Inktense pencils to color the images and added texture and shine with Stickles, Distress Stickles, Glossy Accents and Wink of Stella.  Hours later and a crick in my neck, my sun(flower) bather was ready to work on her tan! Isn't she beautiful "dahling"? I can almost hear her calling for the cabana boy!





Oh cabana boy! Refill please!

Wendy

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap PSL Week 4 Let's Get Messy Challenge

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps August Challenge 

collage2b252812529

Just Add Ink Challenge Blog #323... Just Add "F"

12 comments:

  1. Love the way you have incorporated the sunflower...Clever! Fun and quirky take on the just Add Ink challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hybrid card. You did an excellent job. Thank you for joining the Just For Fun Rubber Stamp challenge this month. Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, Wendy. I love her sparkly shoes! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks like you had lots of fun creating this, Wendy. Gorgeous colouring. Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless, this is so creative and fun. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever way to combine your images & a really fun card, Wendy. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your creativity. Everything you do shows a piece of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!