Sunday, September 11, 2016

In Case of Zom-bees!

I have always been a little afraid of the dark. My grandparent's house had a long hallway that stretched the length of the house and the light switches were at either end. At night, that hallway was pitch black. My grandfather would wait at the end of the hall until you were halfway, switch the light off and in a deep voice yell, "BOO!" Much screaming and running ensued and an occasional slip and fall (hard wood floors and socks!), which would lead to crying and a soothing dish of ice cream to the injured. The sad thing is, I did this to my own children AND now do it to my nieces and nephews! Please, they love it...

I'm still a little jumpy in the dark, but I love decorating for Halloween! I need to start prepping and planning my Halloween decor. I wanna do this in my backyard!

1370239004-0

In the mean time, I made this instead.

[caption id="attachment_2656" align="alignnone" width="720"]in-case-of-zombees-card Garden Shed digital elements printed on Club Scrap cardstock. Faber Castell gelato in Banana to color the bees and hive, Stickles for sparkle on the wings, and Vintage Photo Distress ink for the distressed edges.[/caption]

in-case-of-zombees-card-2

I designed my card in Photoshop Elements (PSE) using Club Scrap's (CS) Garden Shed digital kit and I used the card sketch from the CS September Card Sketch Challenge as inspiration.

cssept16cardsketchchallengevertical-405x600

This was so much easier than lining up a stamp image! Though, I did have to use a little geometry to line up the spades. I never thought I would use that again after high school!

garden-shed-card-1

I added one of the background images as the base and layered with my digital stamp image.

garden-shed-spades-background

I created the sentiment layer using digital elements from the kit and the Jury Duty font that was also used in the kit design.

in-case-of-zombees-tag

The color print cartridges needed replacing on my printer because the final result printed blue and purple tones, but I liked it!

In case of "zombees"...KEEP CALM and don't get bitten!

Wendy

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap 09-16 Card Sketch Challenge

Crazy 4 Challenges (Put any 10 things on your card!)

Color Throwdown Countdown 

swatch409

Sunday Stamps SSC135 HAPPY COLORS!

ssc135f

 

 

 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! I thought you had stamped it at first glance -it's amazing what you can do digitally now isn't it. And well done for resurrecting your geometry skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very clever Wendy! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I sure like incorporating a little digital art into my projects now and then, but I still like to get my hands dirty! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! beautiful job lining up the spades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your story!! Wonderful card and I like that wall too!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sentiment is awesome! Great design, love the use of color too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun card! I am so glad you played along with us at
    sunday stamps!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha this was fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scares are big in my house, we're always trying to one up each other LOL

    Love the card, the shovels are fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!