Sunday, September 25, 2016

Meditating with my Gnomie!

I have a weird sense of humor. I laugh out loud at commercials. My mom said when I was little I would run from the next room, just to watch my favorites, and then go back to play. My youngest son will watch me, not the TV, waiting for me to start howling laughing on cue during my favorite parts.  This clip from Malcolm in the Middle is classic "Wendy humor". I laugh every time I watch it!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BunHeYkbjT0]

Of course this made me laugh.

cdc76d1b37d2e7d93b0fc23f4c47f7fa

And it inspired this...



I just #gotmykit (Club Scrap Garden Shed Lite) and had to make a card with my gnomie! He was from the Gnome for the Holidays kit and has inspired quite a few projects. This 2014 Holiday Blog Hop post was one of my favorites. It featured Papa and Mama Gnomie and a peek inside Santa's Workshop. I actually used Mama Gnomie to make a few alterations to help Papa Gnomie bend into lotus position. He's old and kinda stiff!



I like to use Faber Castell gelatos and Big Brush markers to color with, so I added a coat of gel medium to blend them better.



I picked complementary colors to go with the Garden Shed papers. I ♥ pistachio green!



I broke my Club Scrap glue pen, sniff... But, I found this cool little refill bottle for my  Club Scrap bookbinding glue!



A little shading with big brush markers...



This quote is from one of the cut apart sheets in the Garden Shed Lite kit. It was perfect for the theme of my card.



I used the King of ♦ card sketch  from the ALCM Idea Deck Vol. 1 to make the card base. These card sketches are awesome, no paper waste because the cutting instructions are on the back!





I added some shading with gelatos around Papa Gnome so he would look like he's levitating! He's kinda serious about garden meditation.



He needed a little sparkle in his beard, so I gave him some stickles for bling.



(Meditation chime bell)

 

Keep Calm


and


Meditate with your gnomies!


Namaste!

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap 09-16 Idea Deck Challenge

LTSCB #86 - Anything Goes!


Craft Your Passion Challenge 330 ~ Always Anything Goes

Pile It On #117 - Autumn colors/theme

 

 

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Wendy! I love how you pieced several stamped images to get what you needed. I too use a refillable bottle with a small tip for my bookbinding glue. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnomie is adorable! Love how the quote inspired you! Have a great day Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! What a great mash-up of collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen! Ya gotta have a gnome in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously brilliant use of the Gnomes Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card, I love the pieced gnome and sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gnome card. Too cute. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!