Saturday, January 12, 2019

"Off the Cuff" Art Journal


I have done something I've never done before...winged it making a video tutorial!






https://youtu.be/7a32lk82HDw




I needed a new art journal and this idea blossomed after I saw Johanna Clough's journal video and Club Scrap's Card Keeper tutorial. My handmade journal is a combination of both bookbinding methods and I LOVE how it turned out!









I used card stock and embellishments from the new January 2019 Mumbai collection from Club Scrap and decorated the cover with JFF Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Tree image and Faded Art word art for a beautiful pairing! (I'll include links to all available products in the supplies list at the end of this post.)









Those resin jewels really made the tree come alive!









I am so pleased with how the elastic binding turned out. The signatures slipped in and out of them so easily AND they're pretty too.









Ten signatures with three sheets each gives me TONS of real estate for future art journaling techniques!





Be sure to check out my video if you want to whip one up for yourself. I finished this project in about an hour. If I can do it, so can you (especially since you've got the instructions and the supplies list)!





Thanks for stopping by!









SUPPLIES LIST:





Just For FunCraft Supplies, Rubber...
[ JFF ]
Just For FunCraft Supplies, Rubber...
[ JFF ]
Mumbai Page Kit
[ CLB ]
Mumbai Resin Jewels
[ CLB ]
3x14 Acrylic Ruler
[ CLB ]
Bookbinding Glue 8 oz.
[ CLB ]
CS Watermark Ink Pad
[ CLB ]
Artlicious - Foam Paint Brush Value...
[ AMZUS ]
Pack of 100 1-Inch Foam Paint Brush...
[ AMZUS ]
Fiskars - Bone Folder
[ SBC | AMZUS ]
Couture Creations NON STICK CRAFT MAT...
[ SSS ]
RL Treats Non-Stick Sheet Teflon Mat...
[ AMZUS ]
Tonic Studios Guillotine Paper...
[ AMZUS | ART | SSS ]
We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile...
[ AMZUS | SBC ]
Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Stamp...
[ SBC | AMZUS | ART | SSS ]
Ranger Perfect Pearls JEWELS Kit...
[ SSS ]
EK tools Craft Tweezers, New Package
[ AMZUS | SSS ]
Bulk Buy: Tonic Studios Tim Holtz...
[ AMZUS | SSS ]
We R Memory Keepers CRAFT KNIFE Tool...
[ SSS | SBC ]
Crafter's Companion HEAT GUN MODEL...
[ SSS ]
Marvy Embossing Heat Tool Uchida 2500...
[ AMZUS ]
Ranger Embossing Powder, 0.56-Ounce...
[ AMZUS | SSS | SBC ]
https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1547205749476

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your book and thanks for showing how you made it in a video tutorial!
    Will you be sharing what you add inside? This is a wonderful warm kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! More blog posts, etc to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is so fun and funky!! Love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combination of projects! You're always providing such neat inspiration, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try and make one of these! I love that you can remove the pages, genius !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too and now I’m ready to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] ended up using some of my scraps from my “Off the Cuff” Art Journal project for the layers, instead of cutting up another whole sheet of patterned […]

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] Wendy Bellino created this awesome art journal. More information is available on her blog. […]

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!