Saturday, January 26, 2019

Owl Be There!


If there's anything I can't stand, it's a smart owl! 😂






https://youtu.be/O6rHeD5x2tI




How many licks did it take for YOU to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? I think I lost a few baby teeth trying to bite into those things by the count of three!





I absolutely LOVE the stamptangle line from JFF Stamps! The zentangle-like designs that fill the images make them so unique and different! The Stamptangle Owl Be There image reminds me of those Saturday morning commercials.









I found a fun owl themed quote on Pinterest to complement the owl image.









I measured the image, typed out the quote in Photoshop Elements to fit neatly next to the owl image and printed on Kraft card stock.









I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches to design the background for a fun layered look. I took a little extra liberty with the sketch to suit my card design!









I stamped the owl image onto navy card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder for a bold effect. I fussy cut the image and mounted with foam tape, assembled the layers and I finished it off with a pair of spectacles made with gold Fun Wire!









The JFF monthly challenge is still going strong! This month is a color challenge and we'd love for you to join us for a chance to shop at JFF Stamps. 









Click HERE to link up your project! I'll look for you in the gallery!









 
JFF Stamps Stamptangle Owl Be There
[ JFF ]
CUTTER BEE SCISSORS-CUTTER BEE
[ AMZUS | SSS | SBC ]
Club Scrap Card Stock
[ CLB ]
3M Scotch DOUBLE-SIDED FOAM TAPE...
[ SSS | AMZUS ]
Toner Crafts Fun Wire Assortments icy...
[ AMZUS ]
Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp...
[ AMZUS | SSS | SBC ]
Ranger Embossing Powder, 0.56-Ounce...
[ AMZUS | SSS | SBC ]
Crafter's Companion HEAT GUN MODEL...
[ SSS ]
Marvy Embossing Heat Tool Uchida 2500...
[ AMZUS ]
 

https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1547805645855


9 comments:

  1. I love owls - they're some of my favorite 'people'. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all that you do! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My “scrap crap” helps me keep a lid on things. It’s my therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! The owl is beautiful!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card with a really cute sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of work but the results are absolutely amazing! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I remember that commercial from when I was a kid! Beautiful owl paper crafts! I love owls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We’re showing our age Tierney!😜 I miss those old commercials. The ad-men and women from the 70’s and 80’s knew how to capture and keep your attention! I can still recite my favorite jingles. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!