Sunday, July 23, 2017

Life is Better in SUMMER!

TLC Creations Summer Fun Blog Hop 2017

Welcome to another FABULOUS Tlc Blog Hop..."Summer Fun"! Listed below is the hop order. Each of the 14 stops will have a digital freebie to download (for your personal use). Start by downloading the bathing beauties below!

[caption id="attachment_8704" align="alignnone" width="1080"]TLC Freebie Bathing Beauties Right click and "save as" to your computer![/caption]

Desire


Edwina


Faith


Hetty  


Ileana


Lisa D  


Lisa Lynn


Lynne


Rhonda


Carol


Shelly


Vicky F


Wendy   (Me!)


Tlc


I started out by downloading the image and adding some word art (this is an additional freebie on the Tlc blog!) using Photoshop Elements. Don't have PSE? No problem! You don't need any special software to use the digital images. Simply print the file on card stock and color and embellish however you would like.

TLC Blog Hop graphic for tutorial

I printed the image on Club Scrap® card stock, trimmed it out and distressed the edges with a Tonic paper distresser and some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I didn't want just a card panel though. After a little Google searching, I found this Center Step Card Tutorial and bonus video!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znXmc09ta20]

I adjusted the instructions a bit to accommodate the wider width of my image. My card base measures 7.5 x 8. The side panels are still cut at 1 inch, but I adjusted the cut and score lines for a 5.5 x 3.5 inch card panel.

Cutting and Scoring Diagram for 3.5 x 5

IMG_7278E

I love how it turned out!

IMG_7289E

I used some colored vellum and stamp images from Club Scrap® to create the waves. I stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with copper foil embossing powder and fussy cut the images. The side panels and photo mat are also decorated with Club Scrap card stock.

IMG_7291E

I used this mini resin frame to highlight the image. I inked the edges with Versamark ink, dusted with the copper foil embossing powder and heat embossed. I added a few sea shells, a little crab charm and glued everything on with some Glossy Accents.

IMG_7290E

AND of course,  a little sparkle with Diamond Stickles! Be sure to download this word art at your next stop on the Tlc blog.

IMG_7288E

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

43 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Wendy, what a SUPER card you made. This is absolutely stunning and i love that little frame you added in the center of the card. I totally love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you x 3! I'm so glad you invited me to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy Wendy Wendy ... you have totally outdone yourself. What a gorgeous piece of art. Yes, a piece of art. Thank you for all the instructions also. And thank you for being such a great part of this great team and Hop.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get back here after work to read the HOW TO... I love the card you created! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh wow this is stunning!!!!! Such great details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW stunning stepper card everything showcases the vintage image beautifully -fabulous waves and love the little embossed frame and how you trimmed the image unevenly-brilliant and thank you for the image
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! was my first reaction and after looking closer, MANY more Wow's, this is a Fabulous card Wendy, so glad you are part of the Hop Team.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for inviting me Paulette. Your vintage images are FANTASTIC! I'm your new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any time and feel free to save the cutting and scoring diagram!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Faith! I'm loving all of the talent displayed in this blog hop...and the fabulous freebie images too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is a work of art! I love the embossed swirls are a great touch, and I love the center frame too. Just so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendy, I love, love, LOVE your step card and the additional image of the boy with the binoculars adds such whimsy to it ! Fabulous make. Gorgeous waves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this. The colours are so vintage and perfect for the fab image

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oohhh what a gorgeous card. Really like the whole look of it and the waves are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Love how you highlighted one of the ladies in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This center step card is the most beautiful one I have seen. Love it! Your image is terrific. Love the way you pulled out the one lady and put her in a frame. Thanks for the Create with TLC image. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Wendy! Beautiful -thanks for sharing the freebie and the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, love the vintage image.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card and that image and how are you highlighted the one woman with the frame and then you get even gave me instructions on how to do it with the video. You are amazing, thank you so very very much. You're wonderful and what a joy to visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! I'm so glad you liked it! Please come back and visit any time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL card!
    LOVE the image, love the design with fancy folds and embellishments!
    Thank You for sharing, inspiring and the freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so welcome! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely Gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing.
    I love It :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG !!! Your work is so beautiful, i absolutely love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a clever use of the image! I like the step card design! Thanks for sharing and for taking part in Paulette's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you! I enjoyed it. I love all the vintage images. I'm honored to be a part of such a talented group!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely work. Thank you for your inspiration on the blog hop and thank you for the lovely freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Wendy what a gorgeous creation you have crafted with Paulette's beautiful image. Just adore all the vintage elements you have added.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you! I love her vintage images. I'm so glad Hetty introduced me to her blog !

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card, love every beautiful detail! Thank you for the lovely image!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!