Saturday, June 10, 2017

Summer in Paris

The summer of 1986...

Wendy and the Eiffel TowerE

I was seventeen, the summer before my senior year in high school. My grandparents took me to Europe to visit my Aunt and Uncle in The Netherlands and my friend Birgit in Germany. I spent two months traveling through six different countries. It was the trip of a lifetime! At the end of the summer, Birgit's mother sent us on a weekend trip to Paris with a German tour group. Two seventeen year olds ALONE in Paris! We stayed in an old hotel with a spiral staircase (no elevator) and the floor was so lopsided it was hard to walk across the room without stumbling! We had a blast! We walked all over the city taking pictures and sightseeing. Check out my "add a bead" necklace. Would you believe I still have it in my jewelry box along with an Eiffel Tower watch I bought from a street vendor?!

CIC 411 012E

What a summer! When I left, my mom had her jaw wired shut after a bicycle accident. When I came home, she was pregnant with my youngest brother! I thought it was AWESOME, however, my 12 year old sister thought it was the end of the world! C'est la vie!

Today starts a new theme challenge at Cupcake Inspirations...watercolor!

CIC411

The sponsor for this week is Inspired by Stamping  and they are generously providing a $15 gift certificate to our randomly chosen winner.

InspiredByStamping

I used their Vintage Digital Printables on my card.

p-28390-inspired-by-stamping-vintage-digital-printables

[caption id="attachment_7653" align="aligncenter" width="3456"]CIC 411 002E Inspired by Stamping digital printables, Club Scrap card stock and ink.[/caption]

I created the watercolor background using gelatos and a Club Scrap® stencil from the Bistro kit from waaaaaaaay back! If you look closely you'll see the image of the Eiffel Tower on the left of the panel. I love how the texture of the paper is revealed after I rubbed the edges of the card stock with an ink pad.

CIC 411 004E

I added some crystal Stickles on the Eiffel Tower image and clear Wink of Stella on the roses and butterflies.

CIC 411 009E

Check out what the rest of the Design Team Sweeties have created (blog roll below) and join the fun with a watercolor themed creation of your own on the Cupcake Inspirations blog!

Birgit

Carol

Debbie

EK

Jen

Saskia

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

CHALLENGES ENTERED: 

Crafty Creations Challenges: #343 Anything Goes

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges # 176 Cards (Optional: One Layer)

Crazy 4 Challenges #389 Roses

Color Throwdown #446 Green, Yellow and Coral

swatch446

Club Scrap June 2017 Sketch Challenge 

0617-cs-card-challenge-sketch

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and what great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! Love Paris too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memories, really interesting. Pretty cards, love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wendy, this is stunning! What a beautiful card and such cherished memories. It's been such a joy being on this team with you. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around blog land and we still have DRU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely breathtaking Wendy! Although I've been to France numerous times I haven't been to Paris. Totally on my bucket list. I think I'll do that for my 50th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! great job! I have been to Paris twice. Love the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mines coming up too. Not sure I want to travel overseas, but we might head to California for some wine country!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card. Great job. Thank you for submitting with Crazy 4 Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at PDE Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!