Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas in Paradise!

Close your eyes and envision sunshine, white sand, a warm breeze, crystal blue water and a tropical drink in your hand...

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day
That's the island greeting that we send to you from the land where palm trees sway
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way to say Merry Christmas to you

Yep, I miss the beach. I haven't had a beach vacation in a few years and I miss it terribly! That yearning was rekindled when I received my latest Club Scrap kit...Paradise.

img_0416-copy

I haven't made Christmas cards in a few years, and I saw this on Pinterest when I was looking for ideas...

c5f443759356c9010bc8da5257492225

A little of this kit, some of that...AND some little Santa hats and my card was born!

[caption id="attachment_4230" align="alignnone" width="800"]004rz Club Scrap Paradise Deluxe kit components, Club Scrap By the Seashore sand dollar image, Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp Set-Crazy Things [/caption]

[caption id="attachment_4231" align="alignnone" width="800"]006rz Sand dollar images stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and dusted with Perfect Pearls in pearl. A little sparkle added to the Santa hats with Diamond Stickles.[/caption]

Jeez, now I have the Beach Boys songs rolling around in my head! Sigh...I miss the beach.

♫ Don't worry, be happy! ♫ ♪

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap 11-2016 Card Sketch Challenge

Shopping Our Stash 279  Warm and Fuzzy Challenge

Time Out Challenges with Optional Twist of Glitter/Shimmer

Pile it On Challenge #122 Two patterns

15 comments:

  1. absolutely LOVE everything about this!!! and it's perfect for the "warm & cozy" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! Mele Kalikimaka! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😂 Thanks! Mele Kalikimaka to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I always love the dichotomy of Hawaiian Christmas! Your card is adorable--merry and bright! I love the creativity you summoned from the simple project on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing at SOS... you got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I had fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun "mash up"! Great card, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could hear my Dad singing the Hawaiian Christmas song in my head because he used to sing that on Christmas. I love your Christmas Card Wendy - So adorable! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Donna! Bing Crosby is one of my favorite singers. His Christmas music never gets old. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I love how you made it tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such original projects! It must have been so much fun to work on these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you were inspired and these Santa hats are awesome! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pile of cards. Love the designs. The sand dollars one is so cool. Thank you for sharing it and for playing the "two patters" challenge at Pile it on. Crafty luck.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!