Monday, November 21, 2016

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life, even the bad things. The bad things made me a better person and appreciate the good things even more. I must have done something right, because the universe rewarded me. These people make me believe there is good in the world and to "Be the Good"!

img_2332

I have to brag on my husband a little bit. Chris planted a fall garden this year, with the help of our boys. I thought he was crazy. He is doing a "no till" garden with cardboard and homemade compost. It looked like a mess at first, now I just need to shut my mouth and let him do his thing. He planted red clover and rye grass as a cover crop to provide nutrients, aerate the soil and hold moisture. All the new sprouts are Italian and elephant ear garlic, carrots, Swiss chard, broccoli, turnips, cabbage, mustard and collard greens and muscadine vines for jelly.  It looks like the universe might reward us with a bountiful harvest!

fall-garden-2016-019e

This sweet guy was very patient while he waited to be petted during the photo shoot! When he's had enough and wants attention, he'll sit on your foot and lean on you. He's getting bossier with age!

fall-garden-2016-013e

In honor of Thanksgiving, I made this card to remind me to pay it forward, give thanks for all of my blessings and to be the good.

[caption id="attachment_3978" align="alignnone" width="3648"]JFF November 2016 Give Thanks Challenge 003E.jpg JFFRS stamptangle pumpkin medium and JFFRS stamptangle eclectic garden stamps. Club Scrap cardstock. Copper foil embossing powder. Sentiment stamped with a mini alphabet stamp.[/caption]

jff-november-2016-give-thanks-challenge-006e

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, eat lots of good food and spend quality time with family! Be the good!

wendy-signature

This card was a winner at Cards in Envy!

in2bthe2bmailbox2bwinner

Challenges entered:

colourQ Challenge #368

cqc368

The Card Concept #62 Thanksgiving

62

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 385

cic385

Cards in Envy Thank You Challenge 

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty. Love the autumn colors. So glad you were inspired by this week's Thanks challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are fabulous and I just love the embossing! Great card (and what a great garden idea). Glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this embossing is so detailed and perfect. I love the detailed layering and your photos are lovely. Thanks for joining the card concept

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thankful card! I love all the embossing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post and beautiful card! I'm so glad you linked it up to the Cupcake Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wendy - so glad you could join us over at Cards in Envy for our "Give Thanks" challenge. You've created a glorious example of thanks with you dimensional embossing and seasonal colors. I enjoyed visiting your blog and sure hope you'll continue to participate in our challenges. Best to you and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many wonderful things happening here in this card. The layers really are just fascinating. And your use of our ‘thanks’ theme is absolutely stunning. Wonderful job this week. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing is so pretty, this is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. Love all that copper embossing. Glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy! Love this card with all the beautiful embossed details. Your puppy dog is a cutie! Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images on a pretty beautiful card, Wendy!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous love the copper embossing!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Wendy! Your embossing is perfection!! Thanks for joining ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!