Monday, June 27, 2016

Always a Bridesmaid

I've been a bridesmaid twice. The first time was for my college roommate's first marriage, the second time was for my sister's first wedding (they divorced and then remarried). Maybe having me in the wedding isn't very lucky! ~chuckle~

I made this card for the Always a Bridesmaid - Use a Dress Form or a Dress challenge at Shopping Our Stash. I love this dress form image!

[caption id="attachment_1829" align="alignnone" width="3648"]card 2 010E Club Scrap Paris Flea Market card stock and sentiment stamp. Dress form image from Cricut Summer in Paris cartridge.[/caption]

 

"What is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it." ~ Yves Saint Laurent

Yeah, what HE said!

Wendy

top2b3_png

Other Challenges entered:

The Paper Players Sketch Challenge # 301

pp301

 

 

 

 

17 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and feminine... what a pretty card for a classy lady! Would also be cute for a Bachelorette party! You had me cracking up about your bridesmaid experience... I'm now thinking back to my experiences... haha! Thanks for playing with us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wendy: I absolutely love the combination of Pink and Black on your beautiful card, that dress form is lovely and the pattern papers are the perfect background for it.
    Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card and such a good post, too, i'm totally chuckling at your bridesmaid history, lol! :) :) :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the colours and great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us for always a bridesmaid at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. LOVE. YOUR. CARD! I absolutely love it! I love everything about it! Thank you so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty in pink and black! Lovely design! Glad you shared it at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, love the dress form as well as the colors and that gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy, What a striking card! Love the design and that color combo. Congrats on the SOS shout-out, and have a wonderful holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! That was a nice surprise this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to share the spotlight with you at the SOS shoutout! What a fantastic card you've made here! I love the colors and vintage feel to everything! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Carol! I feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on making the best card on SOS blog! This really is a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pink and black. It makes everything just grab you and hold on. Very nice.

    Diana
    http://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!