Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ice cream, sun lotion and a "time out" chair with an umbrella!

I'm a Louisiana girl, born and raised. Though I did not grow up in south Louisiana, my family's Cajun roots are firmly established there. My grandfather grew up in St. Martinville and the rich, colorful Cajun culture is a short hop and jump away. When I was a little girl, my aunt gave me a book about the folk hero Clovis Crawfish. He was the creation of Louisiana legend Mary Alice Fontenot who was a journalist, kindergarten teacher and children's book author. The books are filled with French phrases and stories of life on the Louisiana bayou.

4ca0d85f0b30a_181084n

Clovis Crawfish is the inspiration for my art journal page. My brother Jed has lived in Lafayette, Louisiana since college and can mimic a Cajun accent like nobody's business! So, of course I asked him to come up with a Clovis Crawfish quote for me to use...

[caption id="attachment_1718" align="alignnone" width="5472"]Clovis Crawfish and Cerise Crab at the beach 017E FYI "cher" is pronounced sha (with a short "a"), not like Cher the singer![/caption]

I wanted Clovis to have a girl friend, so I picked the name Cerise for this little crab since she's red!

Clovis Crawfish and Cerise Crab at the beach 019E

Ain't they cute?!

[caption id="attachment_1721" align="alignnone" width="5472"]Clovis Crawfish and Cerise Crab at the beach 023E Digital images from the Club Scrap Boardwalk kit. Dylusions art journal. Background inspired by Vicky Papaioannou.[/caption]

Peace, L♥ve and Crawfish!

Wendy

P.S. Be sure to check out Club Scrap's Boardwalk blog hop with some other fabulous Boardwalk projects!

0616hopbadge

12 comments:

  1. That is just too stinking cute, so love what you did in your art journal.😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Wendy! Love their little names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, absolutely love how you brought you fun nature into this page. Great WORK!! thank you for sharing it with us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live where you got your inspiration, and thank you, I thought that the crayfish was a lobster, what do I know I live in PA! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Donna. Hey, it's art it can be WHATEVER you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable! Love that the crab is his girlfriend! Have a great day Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So special Wendy - I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so kewl looking great journal page

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!