Saturday, January 16, 2016

Bird Crazy and Dylusional!

I buy art supplies and they collect dust. It's probably a sickness, but (shrug) that's what I do. It's not that I don't want to use them, it's just...making time and time's a tickin'. I have done something artistic every day since January 1. I didn't really plan on making a New Year's resolution, it just happened and I have been sticking to it.  It takes 30 days to make a habit right? We'll see.

December 31, 2015 I cracked open my brand new Dylusions art journal ( I have two for some reason?) and stared at the empty pages. I peeled the plastic off of the new Dylusions spray inks I bought, closed my eyes and picked one. I sprayed all over the page. Red is my favorite color and I guess that was all it took. I put the finishing touches on my page on New Year's Day and even took pictures for a blog post!



On journal page two (I drug this one out for a few weeks), I used Sharpies and practiced blending. I LOVE the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps! After work I would sit on the couch with a lap desk and color my stamped images with Sharpies that had never been opened...(rolling my eyes). I WAS going to buy some Copics or Spectrum Noir markers, but I saw a video on shading and blending with Sharpies and decided to test it out. As long as you have the right paper, it works!



This guy is my favorite...



Just one more...



I guess I can hold off on the expensive markers for awhile. I'm sure there will be something else I will want to buy when I need some Hobby Lobby retail therapy.

Do more of what makes you happy!



1 comment:

  1. YesI have the same problem. I buy these awesome art supplies and they collect dust as well. I have all these wonderful intentions and then nothing. Congrats to you for art journaling everyday since Jan 1st!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!