Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring has Sprung!

I am my own worst critic. I usually end up changing things at the last minute. Hey, if you aren't happy with something, erase it, tear it up, burn it, paint it black...start over! I started with this...

PSL Week 2 Fibers 2016 002

I taped off a tree branch with washi tape and inked over it with distress inks. I spent a good hour painting the embossed cloissone egg stamps with perfect pearls and water. THEN I didn't like that the eggs blended into the background. So, I highlighted with a black pen. NOOOO!!! I should never do things when I am tired. I got mad, cut all the eggs out (and the tree branch) and slept on it. Fresh eyes always make better decisions.

[caption id="attachment_1241" align="aligncenter" width="5184"]PSL Week 2 Fibers 2016 003 Michael Strong cloisonne cameos stamps, Club Scrap cardstock, Distress Inks background, Perfect Pearls "watercolor", Cuttlebug wood grain embossing folder.[/caption]

I'm glad I didn't crumple everything up and throw it away! Whew! The soft colors remind me of the illustrations in Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit. I loved that book! (I still do!)

8544073

Challenges entered:

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 348

cic348

Club Scrap PSL Week 2 Challenge Fibers

Do more of what makes you happy!

Wendy

5 comments:

  1. Oh, your card is just stunning!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! What an amazing card!!! Your branch is beautiful, and those eggs!!! *GASP* Just stunning!!! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!
    DT Sweetie Naki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work - the eggs are fab! Thanks so much for playing along with our colours at Cupcake Inspirations. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!