Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother’s Day 1969

Mother's Day 1969_edited-1
I posted the small picture of my Mom and I as my profile picture on Facebook as a Mother’s Day tribute. I encouraged her to tell the story of it on my FB page as a comment on the picture. I have heard the story many times, but I always like when Mom tells it. My Dad saw the picture and tried to find the original newspaper article that went with it, (Mom has it tucked away somewhere!) Since he couldn’t find it, he contacted the Associated Press to see if he could get an original copy of the clipping. They emailed it to him in four pieces! He sent it to me to put something together for her…this is what I ended up with! I love it. I think if I had asked her to write the quote for the layout, it wouldn’t have been as perfect.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!