Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beau’s Baptism Card

 

My niece was  baptized today!  She wore the christening gown that my 86 year old Memaw handmade for me 42 years ago. I have a house full of boys. Maybe one day I’ll have granddaughters who will wear it. It was definately made with love.

Sweet girl…she smiled the whole time.

IMG_1167

Of course the gift I am in the process of making for her isn’t ready (I am famous for this!), so I made her a card for the occasion…

IMG_1150

I made my own iris folding template! I am so proud! I drew the christening gown outline and with the help of the instructions on the Simplicity of Iris Folding site,  I made my template. IMG_1142 IMG_1144

Big feat for me…cutting out the design with a craft knife!

I used the metallic opal vellum paper from the  Club Scrap Vogue kit and the blue cardstock is from the Lotus Pond kit. I made the quilled roses…it’s been a long time since I have done it! I used pearl metallic fabric paint for the faux pearls.

 IMG_1154

 

IMG_1145

I uh, forgot to ink the edges…I masked it with my cut out. It worked. It would have looked better if I had done it before I finished though!

I have designed a quillling piece that I am making for her gift. Maybe I’ll have it finished before HER children are baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!