Saturday, May 6, 2017

Yo Mama, What's Up?!

She answers to many names...Martha, Grandma Judy called her "Mah-tha", she wanted to be called "Marty" when she was a kid (all of HER kids thought this was hilarious), Marth, Mom, Mama, Granny-mom, Granny, sugar/honey/baby...but the classic nickname, and my all time favorite, was "Maniac Martha". My brother and his friends coined this phrase when they were in high school. There are five kids in my family, three girls and two boys. My brother Jed is technically the middle child, though my sister Steph is the one that holds that title. After two teen-aged girls, I don't blame my mom for being a little CrAzY with the high school boys! Mom deserves a medal for putting up with all the high school and college shenanigans we dished out!

I made this card to pay homage my "wild and crazy" mama!

[caption id="attachment_6347" align="alignnone" width="758"]JFF-DT-post-Mother's-Day-004RZ JFF Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Sunflower Montage, Club Scrap® card stock from the Delft kit.  Versamark ink and  Ranger Ink copper foil embossing powder, Diamond Stickles and Wobble mechanism.[/caption]

I stamped the JFF Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Sunflower Montage with Versamark ink and embossed with copper foil embossing powder. I fussy cut the pieces, reassembled and made a flower out of the word art I created in Photoshop Elements.




[caption id="attachment_6346" align="alignnone" width="692"]JFF-DT-post-Mother's-Day-003RZ Word art created in Photoshop Elements using Latinia Black, Desereted, and Bringshoot fonts.[/caption]



Of course I had to add some Diamond Stickles for a little sparkle to the sentiment AND a wobble!


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slh25JIsexY]

I love the dimension the wobble mechanism adds!

JFF-DT-post-Mother's-Day-006RZ
Come join us for the May Card Challenge at JFF Rubber Stamps and help us celebrate all the Mothers out there! Click here to link up your artwork!


P.S. Be sure to check out out JFF Rubber Stamps on Instagram  and the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps blog for daily inspiration from the design team!


Peace out and word to your Mother! ☺


wendy-signaturejff-design-team-logo


Challenges entered:




Monthly Schedule








Grab our logo








21 comments:

  1. WOW now this card makes an impact!! Such vibrant colors and embossing makes it all pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are absolutely amazing together! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heidi! Club Scrap card stock is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Linky Party.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card!! Your mom will Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, but your story made me laugh! Your mom sounds like an angel rather than crazy! LOL! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! She is, we'll keep her! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mother you must have to inspire such an incredible card.!! Love it! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anytime. I really enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card for you mom!!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun! I love the glitter and embossing, looks great. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...your poor mother! Haha! Fantastic happy colors to celebrate Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, gotta love what we put our parents thru, right? I was 1 of 5 as well, so I hear ya!! 3 boys, 2 girls though. My sis and I were the worst... We were trouble. LOVE your card. That copper looks AMAZING!!! Especially with those colors. Love seeing your face on your blog too. I know I'm so not observant, but that wasn't always there, was it??

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my gosh, Wendy. I just watched your video. Hahaha, that's GREAT!! And now I'll have Vanilla Ice stuck in my head all day... lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww thank you! You are observant! I've always had an "about me"/ Welcome page, but I updated recently and added the photo to the sidebar. I had too many different pictures going on with my avatars, the many faces of Wendy😜, so I picked one and went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know...poor mom, she's seen it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so colorful and creative! Thank you for sharing it with us at PDE Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!