Sunday, February 26, 2017

Miaou!

"In France, flirting is like a way of life – it is an art form to them. It is in their culture, in their nature, in their blood. Flirting is very innocent, sweet, and never negative (like how it is sometimes perceived in the American culture)[...]

Miaou!

Yes, “meow” is correct. In France, it is quite normal for a man to say this to a girl/woman he finds attractive. It is the French catcall – and unlike in America, women typically find this flattering."

Emmanuel N., Flirting in French: 25 Head-Turning Phrases You Need To Know, Take Lessons

I have heard my share of catcalls, but never a "meow"! That would have gotten my attention and a good laugh! Most of the time it was the "wolf-whistle"but never anything that I found offensive. If anything, it made me feel pretty damn good! The thing that sucks is the day you realize that "catcall" wasn't for you! (Insert howling laughter!) Sigh...C'est la vie!

I have an innocent, sweet card to share for the Cupcakes Inspiration Challenge...I've heard this one from my husband a time or two, along with some eyebrow raising! Jeez! I can't type that without laughing! He knows when I laugh, I'm caught!

[caption id="attachment_5529" align="aligncenter" width="600"]cic-396-newtons-nook-challenge-004rz Newton Dreams of Paris stamps and matching die set. Colored with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors, 36-Color Set and Club Scrap® cardstock from the Paris Flea Market collection[/caption]

My card features the Newton Dreams of Paris stamp and die set from today's sponsor Newton's Nook Designs. They are generously providing a $25 gift certificate for the randomly chosen winner for this week's challenge.

cic396-cats-newtons-nook

I am NOT a cat person, but those Newton stamp sets are super cute! I ended up buying two sets with matching dies...*eyeroll*

cic-396-newtons-nook-challenge-020rz

They are so fun to color!

cic-396-newtons-nook-challenge-016rz

Check out what the rest of the design team created here, then go make a card and enter the challenges!

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 396

MOJO Monday 485

mojo485

22 comments:

  1. Wendy, this is super cute! I love that style of cats and the script and the other text in the background. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Wendy! Super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! (And I always learn a little "sumthin'" when I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! This card is so cute! I love the sweet little kitty couple flirting and the added background papers have the perfect french flair! Thanks for featuring our images on the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Love the French flair you added with the patterned papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card!!!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this! I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is this card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy! These cats are so cute - I see why you had to buy them (LOL). I never knew that was how they flirted in France. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are adorable! I don't blame you for buying two sets. Two sets just means faster card making ... Maybe ... At least that's what my excuse would be!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!