Saturday, February 18, 2017

Two Lost Souls Swimming in a Fish Bowl


I tried to relax on the ride home from work. The weather was cool, I had the windows down and I was in the first stages of "Aaaaahhhh...it's Friday". Then, "Wish You Were Here" started playing on the Pandora station I was listening to...such a great chill out song!





How I wish, how I wish you were here. 





We're just two lost souls 





Swimming in a fish bowl, 





Year after year, 





Running over the same old ground.





And how we found





The same old fears. 





Wish you were here.









I was tired when I got home, but knew I needed to make a card for my blog post. I picked up a little bit and sat at my craft table. I wasn't in the mood...I had just bought some Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors and decided to made a color swatch on some watercolor paper to engage my creativity.





kuretake-watercolor-swatch




I liked the rainbow effect, so I painted some on a card sized piece. I freed myself to explore and let my creativity flow, then the ideas started rolling! I had the JFF Stamptangle Fancy FishFish Bowl  and Sentiment Hearts Mini Cube stamps sitting out on my craft table and my card came together!





022rz




I liked the "see-through" effect on the fish and added the little heart to look like it had sunk to the bottom of the fish bowl.





024rz








I wrote the sentiment with a Ranger - Perfect Pen and heat embossed with white embossing powder.





027rz








I distressed the edges of the card panel with a Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, added some paint spatters and highlighted the fish bowl with the silvery pearlescent water color. I mounted the card panel on Club Scrap® card stock. I love the grungy graffiti art look that evolved!





BLOG CANDY ALERT!




 (Enter the challenge to win a gift certificate!)




february-challenge-jff-inspiration-image




CLICK HERE to join the challenge and see more inspiration from the design team!




Do more of what makes you happy!





wendy-signature




jff-design-team-logo

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Amazing where inspiration comes from, too! I need to go play that song now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! THIS.IS.AMAZING...!!!!!!! Beautiful background, beautiful images, and what!? that sentiment is your own hand writing!? I wish I could write like that! This is just awesome! I would frame this piece of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me singing. Love this, it's so unusual and really wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely background colors and design Wendy.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPECTACULAR! I love the see through bowl with the grunge look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! And music - a direct line to creativity IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!