Monday, October 31, 2016

Yes, I Can Drive a Stick!

In the mid 1970's, before the "Disney Channel", there was The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night! We would have Swanson's TV dinners on TV trays while we watched (salisbury steak and mashed potatoes with the little brownie was a favorite!). We weren't allowed to eat in front of the TV any other time, so this was a big treat. For dessert...Mom cooked chocolate Jello pudding on the stove and put it in little red Tupperware cups with the plastic lids to chill in the fridge. The "skin" on top was my favorite part! Halloween was the beginning of Disney movie holiday season, so there was lots of excitement when the commercials would play during Saturday morning cartoons! I can still recite every word from this mini movie feature...I think we had the album of Disney Halloween sounds too. Dad would play it on the stereo on Halloween while he was handing out candy!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skdVouumMk4]

My kids weren't as interested in cartoons when they were growing up. By then Pixar had taken off and cartoons were "boring".  My kids grew up with the Disney Channel and daily replays of Halloween Town and Hocus Pocus. Sigh, cartoons were the good 'ol days.

My last Halloween card for 2016, and it's a shaker card! This witch is not as kid friendly as Witch Hazel, but I like her sense of humor!

[caption id="attachment_3637" align="alignnone" width="750"]airs_wendy-bellino_2017 JFFRS Flying Witch and Tiny Black Kat stamps. Sentiment created in PSE and printed on a full moon image I took with my DSLR camera. Cricut Happy Hauntings frame. Club Scrap cardstock.[/caption]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLI--_j_Mw]

I even made a pair of Shrinky Dinks plastic earrings to match my card!

[caption id="attachment_3696" align="alignnone" width="5184"]flying-witch-earrings-007e JFFRS Flying Witch and Bats stamps on frosted Shrinky Dink plastic.[/caption]

Hope you have a FA-BOO-LOUS Halloween! Dang, I wish I had some homemade chili and cornbread about now...

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Craft Your Passion Challenge #336 Always Anything Goes

Crafty Cardmakers #176 Explosion of Color

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Inspired by a Book or a Film or a Song

Cut It Up Challenge Blog #108 Halloween in Non-Traditional Colors

10 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post! Brought back old times . . . Are you actually Wendy the Witch, Casper's friend? :)

    Love your spooky Halloween card! Thanks for joining us for our Halloween with Non-Traditional Colors at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
    http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I LOVED Witch Wendy! I had her comics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shaker card - so fun and then the little earrings - too cool! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craft Your Passion Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shaker card!

    Thanks for joining the 'Explosion of Colour' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super colourful halloween card. Great layout esp with the shaker bits. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Lots of wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super creation!

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card, and I love the earrings too. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. […] ideas for this tiny stamp… Les Chats Noirs,  You Say Witch Like It’s a Bad Thing!, Yes, I Can Drive a Stick!,  Pepe Le […]

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!