Sunday, October 30, 2016

What's Up My Witches?!

We don't usually get many trick or treaters on Halloween, but I decorated anyway. I like to see it when I come home! I really need to paint my front door, but it goes with the spooky decor.

[caption id="attachment_3300" align="alignnone" width="1893"]halloween-decor-2016 It took me two Halloweens to finish my witch hat, but I ♥ it! Wire mesh template I designed and covered with cheesecloth and plaster of Paris, then painted and decorated.[/caption]

img_2600img_2661

I even let it overflow to the dining room...

img_2664

[caption id="attachment_3547" align="alignnone" width="3264"]img_2706 Check out this link for the spooky crystal balls "how to"![/caption]

img_2707

Then I went to visit the Chapman Blondies and helped spread a little Halloween spirit there too!

img_2658img_2650

So worth it to see this kid excited when we turned the lights on!

img_2652

Since I was in Halloween mode, I saw these on Pinterest and thought I would make a t-shirt for Halloween...

5a94ba480b1e06bf222319ad3ae2017f

I should have just ordered one and been done, but NOOOOOOO!!! I wanted to make one (rolling my eyes).  I didn't make a t-shirt, but I did make a card! I had to keep that witch theme going!

[caption id="attachment_3521" align="alignnone" width="3299"]whats-up-my-witches-card-097e JFFRS Bubble,  Bubble, Toil and Trouble stamp  stamped and embosses with black ink, then painted with Perfect Pearls mixed with water. Sentiment created in Photoshop Elements and printed on Club Scrap cardstock. The sentiment was highlighted with a Perfect Pearls pen and dusted with Perfect Pearls to match the stamped image.[/caption]

whats-up-my-witches-card-093e

Jeez, it looks like Halloween threw up over here! I sure hope we get some trick or treaters on Halloween, or I will be the one to eat all the candy!

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Tuesday Throwdown #317 Add a Border

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #29

mmmc252329

The City Crafter Challenge #335 Hallo-ween

Fab Funky Challenges Blog #324 Celebrate Halloween

That's Crafty Challenges Friday the 13th Part 2

8 comments:

  1. Wow! When you decorate, you really decorate! Everything looks super. I like the flower pot with the legs . I'm happy you had time to make a card, too. Love that border! Thanks for joining the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. Good luck. Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun popst to see and read! And you nailed our theme; your card is fun and fab! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. W O W !!!! I LOVE your decorations!!! My goodness, you are quite talented!! Your front doorway looks amazing!!! I love everything about it!! I can't believe you made those crystal balls!! Wow, I'm very impressed!! I love your card too!! How did you color the sentiment with perfect pearls? You said you used a perfect pearls pen, what is that, exactly? I love being able to print my own sentiments with my laser printer, but it only prints in black and I don't always want black... Anyway, thanks for sharing this!! Our yard is decorated, but we didn't do our front door and now I want to!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Ranger's Perfect Medium in a pen. I just traced over the letters with it and then dusted with Perfect Pearls mica powder. I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh. Is it like a VeraMark pen? Is it the same thing, do you know? I have a few perfect pearls, but I haven't used them very much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. I have one of those, I'm going to give it a try!! Thanks Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun!! Brilliant creations ... Hope you had a fun night! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!