Sunday, October 30, 2016

Happy National Candy Corn Day!

l1160627117

I'm a day late posting this, but TODAY is National Candy Corn Day!  The winner of the random drawing for the JFFRS candy corn fence stamp is...Happy Ink Designs!

[gallery ids="3273,3390" type="rectangular"]

I am not a fan of candy corn, but I like candy...especially chocolate! I bought two big bags of "our" favorite Halloween candy to hand out on Halloween. Whatever is left, I'm sure will get gobbled up, probably by me!

Here's to "Trick or Treating" and leftover candy...

[caption id="attachment_3549" align="alignnone" width="3209"]trick-or-treat-card-103 JFFRS Stitched Mouthed Jack-o-Lantern stamped on Kraft cardstock, colored with Derwent colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. Club Scrap sunflower image and cardstock.[/caption]

trick-or-treat-card-108

Keep calm and eat chocolate!

wendy-signature

 

PhotobucketChallenges entered:

Pile it on Challenge #120 Scraps/Cutoffs

The Card Concepts #60 

60

4 Crafty Chicks #322 Coloring on Kraft

13 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Love the hat on the jack-o-lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's my transition from Halloween to fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! The burlap has is perfect and I really like that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you have with the eyes and mouth particularly. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH...I love that burlap hat! Fantastic choice on the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAY!!! How exciting!! I won!!! And what an ADORABLE card this is!! I love the burlap. What a lovely touch that adds. And the gold embossing powder, and the sunflower. This card is just so well put together, I love it!! Very cute!! Well, I'm with you about the candy. I could live off of chocolate. We have over 1,300 pieces of candy to hand out tonight and I'm pretty sure we'll even run out... Our street is the ONLY street in our town that gets hit by every kid tonight. It's so much fun!! I love getting to see all the little costumes. My son is 9 and he doesn't even want to go trick or treating because he likes seeing all the people come to our door. He and his BFF are going to pass out the candy tonight. Anyway, I just saw your email too so I'll reply to that next. Thank you you for having that challenge and giving me an opportunity to win an adorable image. I really enjoy your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm jealous, I grew up in a neighborhood like yours. I miss it! Sounds like y'all will be having a party tonight! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, did you really? It's pretty cool, isn't it? I feel bad for people that don't get any trick or treaters. We're right smack in the middle of 3 of the 4 schools here, it's a really great location. They usually even close our street for the kids' safety, but unfortunately the gals that usually deal with getting the proper permit, didn't do it this year so I'm a little worried about cars trying to get through when we have over 1,200 kids walking around, not including their parents!! The sidewalk just isn't big enough!! Happy Halloween to you too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your motto about chocolate! LOL. I love the texture and text on your card! Thanks for playing along with us over on The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the layout and colors. Your pumpkin is super cute. Thank you so much for joining us for our Color on Kraft challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. We love your inspiration.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!