Friday, April 4, 2014

Keep Calm and Happy Birthday!

 

My oldest niece will turn 12 on Monday, sniff….

Ellie riding in Wendy McNatt's car

I made her a card with a gift card holder attached. She wanted a Victoria’s Secret gift card, sigh.

I haven’t used my Cricut in a while and just refurbished my cutting mats, so I was ready for action!  My go to cartridge for birthday girls is Forever Young. I found some of the cutest Forever Young Cricut cards on Pinterest!

Birthday Card for a 13 year old.  Used Forever Young Cricut Cartridge

I liked the trifold card idea and found some pre-scored and cut cards made from Club Scrap cardstock that I bought years ago when I was an FFC Crafter.

005

I liked how the panels on the Pinterest card were decorated, so I measured the panels and cut my cardstock to fit with a 1/8 inch border.

004

006

I’m kinda hooked on my Keep Calm clearance stamp I just bought and HAD to use it on this card. I altered it a little bit…

 

007

008

Then I decided to add a gift card pocket on the opposite side of the panel. I cut the birthday present layers on the Forever Young cartridge and made a pocket on the back of it to slide the gift card into.

016

009

011

I flattened the folded edges with my bone folder, put a thin strip of glue on them and glued to my card panel.

018

 026

Keep Calm and go shopping Ellie Belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!