Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Cape fit for a Princess!

Another birthday! Millie turned 5 on Sunday. I asked my sister-in-law for gift ideas. She likes dress up, teacher's chalk (skinny sticks!), play doh, books...nothing hit me. Then Kelley texted me this...


She is Elsa from Frozen. BINGO! I found an easy cape pattern idea from +Kylie Harris at http://www.thehowtomom.com/2014/01/frozen-elsa-cape-and-anna-cloak-diy.html?m=1.

Hancock Fabrics had some shimmery sheer turquoise blue fabric that was perfect for an ice princess! I made the wand too, a wooden dowel wrapped in satin ribbon, ribbon dangles and Christmas snowflake ornaments for the wand tip. 


I made the chalkboard face-in-the-hole boards too.


These were sooooo cool! I got the idea from +Mandy Beyeler at http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2014/04/diy-chalkboard-face-in-hole.html. She used chalkboard foam board, but I couldn't find any in this town! I spray painted black foam board with chalkboard paint and decorated frames with paint pens and "gems". Turned out perfect!

I think they are happy little girls!

Wendy's Iphone 002 

This is the most rewarding 34 seconds ever…




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!