Sunday, October 1, 2017

Oooh la la!

Today starts a new color theme challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!

CIC 425 Inspiration Photo

Our sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn and they are generously offering a $25 gift certificate to our randomly chosen winner.

lawnfawn

I used the Lawn Fawn Say Cheese stamp set to make my card, I ♥ the vintage camera image! I still have my polaroid camera from 1983...and it still works! If only I had some film and a flash bulb strip, I'd be in business again. SMH...

015E
Lawn Fawn Say Cheese stamp set, Newton's Nook Newton Dreams of Paris stamp set, Club Scrap® card stock. 
I tried a masking technique using rubber cement on the hot air balloons. I painted them with rubber cement and a paint brush and let it dry. I painted the clouds too, but I had ink on my fingers and accidentally touched one of them, so I die cut a some clouds to cover up the mistake. The rubber cement held up well even with distress ink blending over the top. I think I like it better than fussy cutting a mask! I rinsed my brushes in water and the rubber cement came right off. I'm sold!

014E

Check out what the rest of the Design Team Sweeties have created and be sure to link up your creation on the Cupcake Inspirations blog!

Charlotte

Christine

Debbie

EK

Kim

wendy-signature

8 comments:

  1. Super cute Wendy! What a fun inspiration photo and your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet card! I love the shimmer and sparkle you included. Your masking turned out really well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks better than store bought! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice compliment, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Wendy!! Love the colors and images!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!