Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Apple Never Falls Far From the Tree

Welcome to my stop on the Club Scrap blog hop!

Orchard blog hop photo

This month's hop features projects from the September 2017 Orchard kit. I don't know about you, but I'm so ready for fall!

0917csgrpsm

I usually start my posts with a little story inspired by a quote or image in the kit. This quote was the spark that influenced me today...

The apple quote

Oh yes it does! My kids definitely didn't get their athletic prowess from me! I'm an accident waiting to happen. Both of my ankles have had torn ligaments bad enough to wear casts and I tore the ACL in my left knee jumping in the Spacewalk at my oldest son's 5th birthday party. I'm so glad that my boys got their dad's physical abilities! I'm proud of all of their achievements, but I'm most proud of their character. I have two fine sons with good hearts and beautiful minds. I can't ask for better than that. I love this picture...

IMG_7641E

They're not any different now, just bigger!

ASH vs. Hahnville Playoff Game 2015 1385

They support each other in everything they do. That makes this mama's heart happy. I sure do love my boys!

They always appreciate my artwork and they love interactive cards. Who doesn't? They are so fun to play with! I started off making some cards for the Club Scrap® 09/17 Idea Deck Challenge. This 8♠ card features cutting and assembly instructions to create a tent fold card and two cards with waterfall folds!

IMG_7640E

I used some of the sentiments and images from the Jumbo Unmounted and Art Nouveau stamp sets and embellishments and fibers from the kit to create my cards. I love how the tiny round cutaparts fit in the bottle caps!

[gallery ids="10989,10886" type="rectangular"]

OK, I'll admit I cheated on the trimming. After I cut the first set of card stock, I didn't like the how the pieces paired together. So, I cut everything again, but I strategically cut some of the pieces for pleasing backgrounds. I like the lone apple with this quote!

[caption id="attachment_11034" align="alignnone" width="2695"]IMG_7616E Art Nouveau sentiment and Orchard card stock. Image was stamped in Club Scrap® watermark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.[/caption]

Orange is not my favorite color, so I made this one to challenge myself. It kinda grew on me!

[caption id="attachment_11035" align="alignnone" width="2686"]IMG_7620E Sentiments and images inked with Club Scrap® watermark ink and embossed with copper foil embossing powder.[/caption]

I'm partial to red...who am I kidding...I love red! I want some more of this red crinkle ribbon!

[caption id="attachment_11036" align="alignnone" width="2934"]IMG_7622E Word art inked with Club Scrap® watermark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. Inked edges using Club Scrap® Earth ink.  Red fiber from the kit.[/caption]

Aren't these entertaining?!

[wpvideo 6JY5inJW]

Here's a video tutorial that is super helpful in constructing the waterfall fold mechanism and a set of instructions to go with it.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiimNGhFRk]

I also made a drawstring gift basket to go with my cards. It was so perfect for the kit theme!

[caption id="attachment_11095" align="aligncenter" width="612"]Drawstring Gift Basket Copyrighted material shared with permission from Club Scrap® .[/caption]

IMG_7629E

I used the stencil included with the Club Scrap® Deluxe kit to give the green pieces a wood grain look.

IMG_7631E

Of course I had to fill it with something...caramel apple pops! IMG_7634E

Your next stop on the hop is Kelly and you can always find the full list of bloggers on the Club Scrap blog. Thanks for stopping by and come back and visit any time!

Do more of what makes you happy!

Wendy Signature with CS artist team

39 comments:

  1. […] time to see what our other bloggers have created. Wendy is your next stop. There’s a full list of bloggers below, just in case you lose your way. Happy […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a great set of cards and beautiful basket! You are the queen of getting old projects done with new papers! I love this. Your waterfall cards are beautiful!
    Love reading about your kids and seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome set of cards and basket -- thanks for providing inspiration with videos for two great projects. The drawstring gift basket will be wonderful for Thanksgiving goodies and I plan to dry making it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like them! My husband said the same thing! He can bake and I'll whip out the baskets and fill them...I can craft, but I'm not that great of a cook...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE that project and made so many of them!! Great idea! And your cards came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, you've been a busy crafty lady this month! I love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creations Wendy - that bag is just so cool! I love that you filled it with suckers - the perfect way to treat all the little ghosts and goblins in your neighborhood! I may have to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do I even begin? Your cards are great...I really need to pull my idea decks out more often. The waterfall cards are so fun and I love how you challenged yourself with the orange...way to go! That drawstring basket is a wonderful blast from the past and is perfect in Orchard papers. (And finally, you have raised two amazing young men, you have every right to be a proud mama!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um.......SPECTACULAR!!!!! In every way!! And I so appreciate your generosity in adding the video instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so welcome! So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your creations, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a terrific post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and darling gift basket! You have been one busy gal, and I'm loving that basket, what a sweet gift that will make!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Cheryl! I was thinking about cookies at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is! I always have good candy for my little visitors...even if it's not a holiday. (BAD dental hygienist! 😈)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Tricia! I ❤️ me some Club Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow the then and now pictures are simply awesome! You have lots to be proud of for sure! Those cards are the coolest and it's great how you pulled out that old project card for the great basket you put together, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much Kay! I only wish I had been more interested in photography when they were little. My world changed when digital cameras became popular!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The embossing on these is amazing-love that color! That little basket is adorable! Great projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the details Wendy! I had to do a double take for the stenciling on the basket. It looks like patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your projects are awesome, and I love your personal story about your sons. it sounds like you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much! They make me want to be a better person every day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wendy, you created a beautiful set of cards. I'm going to have to play with the waterfall technique again. That basket is a blast from the past and you did a great fall version. Great looking young men you have, I'm a mom of two sons also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Ruby, they are my heart! I'll look for you to share them on your blog, so many possibilities! That basket is an oldie but goodie for sure! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards! I love the embossing in gold

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the cards and the gift box....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have made that basket before - it's so cute, people can't believe it was handmade! Thanks for the great reminder about this. And LOVE your waterfall cards too! So many things in this post to love.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you! Ya know, I used that project for a make and take at crops soooo many times! I even made mini ones for individual snack bowls. It was always a favorite. Having access to great tutorials was one of the perks of an FFC Crafter back in the day! 😉

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!