Saturday, April 29, 2017

Yes, I Ride Like a Girl!

Sometimes it takes a swift kick in the a$$ to get moving.

I was a couch potato. I would come home from work, take a bath, put on pajamas and veg out on the couch til bedtime. I was getting the middle aged pudge, my muscles were aching and I was hobbling around like an old woman. WHAT THE?! My body was telling me to get off my a$$ and move. BUT, I loathe going to the gym. It's boring. I wanted to do something I enjoy, outside in the fresh air. I decided to buy a bike!

[caption id="attachment_6095" align="aligncenter" width="720"]Bike Pretty Isn't that helmet CUTE?! I found it on bikepretty.com  After I had my first accident (without a helmet!) I bought a helmet and had to talk Sheri into getting one. This suited her to a "T"![/caption]

I loved riding my bike as a kid. I rode everywhere before I got a driver's license! Total FREEDOM! My best bud Sheri said she'd be my riding buddy and it was on! We ride every afternoon and have a fun day on Mondays. We have scoped out the bike trails in our area and have gone mountain biking or hiking on our Monday Funday!

[gallery ids="6069,6070,6073" type="slideshow"]

Yesterday we completed 4 weeks of daily riding and yoga on Tuesdays. Sheri's favorite saying is," We are getting so strong!" We are, we can feel it! I haven't lost a pound, but I can see muscles and I feel so much better. Yes, I ride like a girl, try to keep up!

I made this card to celebrate our small victories. "Acknowledge all of your small victories. They will eventually add up to something great!" ~Kara Goucher

[caption id="attachment_6089" align="aligncenter" width="3306"]010E I used the bicycle stamp from JFFRS and heat embossed with copper foil embossing powder. I found the quote online and printed on Club Scrap® cardstock using the recommended fonts for the April Cherry Blossoms kit...Charlotte and Desereted.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_6088" align="aligncenter" width="5184"]002E The bicycle basket is a stamp from the Club Scrap Succulents Jumbo Unmounted collection. It was a pot for plants! The cherry blossom stickers were embellishments in the Cherry Blossoms kit. I inked the edges with Concord Grape Distress ink.[/caption]

Stay tuned for more "Adventures with Wendy and Sheri" as we find new places to ride and hike around Louisiana! We're gonna be 50 and FABULOUS!!!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4If-N3z53A]

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap Cherry Blossoms Blog Hop and Linky Party

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely a beautiful card to celebrate your accomplisment! Well done, Wendy and enjoy your rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing your victories. You encouraged me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hetty! I haven't looked forward to exercise in years. This is a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad you were inspired. My goal is simple, get fit and enjoy the process. I will never be a gym rat, but I look forward to my bike ride every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! That website is cool! We showed to helmet to some friends in our yoga class who ride. They had fussed at us for not wearing a helmet. They all want one now!😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and such an accomplishment! You go, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BIKE 4 EVER!!! nice post. When I saw the first sentence I burst out laughing!!! Keep exercising because it's good for your body. Also nice card and post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that basket with the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Look, I'm brutally honest with myself and those closest to me and I like it to be reciprocated. My husband and sons have no sympathy with being whiny and lazy. If I was going to keep up, I had to start moving! I'm on week 7 of daily riding and I'm hooked. I'll be ready for a really good bike soon. I'm open to recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!