Saturday, April 15, 2017

Faith, Trust and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

I loved the book Peter Pan. The Walt Disney movie version was my favorite, but Hook kinda grew on me! This scene is so sweet and just tugs on your heartstrings...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_eHbEiNrU]

Wendy was always my favorite character, of course! I think we all have the memories of that "in-between" stage... not quite an adult, but you want to be and not a little kid anymore, but secretly you still want to to be! It's hard to grow up! That's why a little pixie dust always helps when you're growing up, up and away.

This is my niece Ellie...she turned 15 last week! She's super special...not only did she make me an aunt for the first time, but I was in the delivery room when she was born!

Ellie is 15!

She's beautiful, has a great sense of humor and has more confidence at 15 than I do at 48! I love this girl!

Today starts a new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations and the theme is Mythical.

CIC 403 Mythical

I happened to have the perfect stamp images and made this card for Ellie Belle's birthday!

[caption id="attachment_5918" align="aligncenter" width="575"]008E-RZ Club Scrap® card stock from the April 2017 Cherry Blossoms collection. Stamp set from Club Scrap Retreat 2015 Enchanted ForestImages stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with copper foil embossing powder. Diamond stickles for sparkle.[/caption]

I just love this Tinkerbell quote!

011E

Diamond Stickles makes awesome pixie dust!

019E020E

The sponsor for this week's challenge is The Greeting Farm and they are generously providing a $25 gift certificate to shop in their store! Click here to check out what the rest of the design team created, then go make a card to enter in the challenge!

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like that quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embossing, Wendy! I love the added sparkle. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the stamps I got from you! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and perfect for your beautiful niece! She's blessed to have you as her aunt; I can only hope that I'm as an amazing an aunty to my niece and nephew (7 and 5...just turned) as you are to your niece. Heart-warmed in reading your post!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carol! I love being the fun aunt! They keep me young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the colors you used to make this truly mythical card. Those faeries are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad they went to a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you embossed this image and added shimmer! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!