Friday, December 30, 2016

🎶What Are You Doing New Years Eve?🎶

https://youtu.be/aSq1cez_flQ

Twenty-seven years ago Chris and I had our first real date on New Years Eve. Somebody we knew had a party at the old Hotel Bentley in downtown Alexandria. Quite a few glasses of  champagne and a New Years Eve kiss and the rest is history! It's been a long time since we celebrated New Years Eve outside our cozy little house. We've done the crazy partying...I'm just fine with some home cooking, a nice glass of wine or some egg nog, and a little guitar and ukulele around the fire pit. I may even dress for the occasion, but barefoot if it's warm and comfy slippers if it's cold. You never know what this crazy Louisiana weather will do!

I don't have to decorate much for New Years Eve since I usually leave my tree up until after New Year's Day. It's festive and I can really enjoy it after the hubbub of Christmas! I did make a little conversation piece this year...

airs_wendy_bellino_main1rzairs_wendy_bellino_main2rz

This little magical folding box was inspired by a Club Scrap®  project from 2010, The Magician's Box. I adapted it to create a mini version using the ATC sized Imagine Crafts SHEET metal, Staz On ink, and Club Scrap's After Five unmounted stamp collection.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvG_2UytoY]

Click here to view a downloadable PDF flipbook tutorial of The ATC Magician's Box

I should set up a camera to film the curious who open it and try to tie it back together! To be continued...

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Club Scrap's 12/2016 Project Use it!

Mixed Media Place December 2016 Challenge

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic box, Wendy! Happy first date anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to put the traditional New Year grapes! Happy 2017 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, Happy new Year to you and your family and have a great party. I absolutely LOVE your box. Such a great idea. I was also making a card with the same stampset and I mentioned your project on my blog: http://craftchaos.blogspot.nl/2016/12/happy-new-year.html
    Nothing like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project Wendy, sort of like an explosion box. I love them in any form. Thank you for sharing, I'm sure folks will have fun discovering how to open and put it back together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ruby! I love them too, I just don't always get around to decorating them. I am going to set it out and see what happens. I'm going to try to catch some of the reactions on video for another post. This should be fun!😜

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that box?!!? Very cool. And thanks for sharing that top video. I didn't know either of them sang!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zooey Deschanel sang "Baby its Cold Outside" in the movie Elf, so I knew she sang. But, I happened across this video and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video was SOOO cute. And the music behind your box unopening video was hilarious! Thanks for a fun post! Happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Pam! I had fun with that! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing creation wow lovely thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Such a treat! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool design thanks for joining us at MMP

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you can pinpoint your first date, that's sweet. Fab little box x

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's a keeper, won't ever forget it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!