Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Wishes

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might, make this wish I wish tonight. 

(Close your eyes tight and make your wish)...Mom taught this to us and I taught it to my boys. One day they'll teach it to their babies.  A lot of wishes were made on those first bright stars. Some came true and some didn't. I still catch myself reciting that little poem to myself on a clear night.

My Grandma Judy always gave us a little present at Christmas. I was 5th of 27 grandchildren. She might give homemade cookies, a pair of socks (for the boys) or panties (for the girls), a bottle of nail polish, colors and a coloring book...but her classic gift to the little ones was a Little Golden book. I was fascinated with the realistic drawings in this 1972 version of The Christmas Story.



Mom would read this to us on Christmas Eve in her school teacher voice. I loved the page with the Three Wise Men following the Star of Bethlehem. We had a star for our tree once that looked just like the drawing! Dad would always hold the youngest up to put the star on the tree after it was decorated. That was an important job!

My card woke up all of these Christmas memories. I love when that happens!

[caption id="attachment_4293" align="alignnone" width="533"] JFFRS Stamptangle Star Large and Small, JFFRS Christmas Background stamp images. Star images stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Ranger Ink Superfine gold embossing powder, background stamped with Versamark and embossed with Ranger Ink Clear Superfine embossing powder. Emboss resist background with Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean Distress inks. Spritzed the background with homemade Perfect Distress in Pearl in a mini mister for shimmer. Edges distressed with a Tonic Studios paper distresser. Ribbon and gems from my stash. [/caption]

My Christmas wish...Peace, Love and Happiness. What more could you ask for?

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog Let it Snow

A Vintage Journey December Challenge Winter Magic

Fab 'n Funky Challenges #329 Christmas

Fusion Challenge It's Christmas!

16 comments:

  1. Nice post ! Thanks for sharing and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card - makes me think of snow falling at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories and a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, such lovely memories to share.
    Your card is gorgeous, love those beautiful embossed stars. Thank you for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, lovely images and super colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is elegant and fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' girls for our 'Let It Snow' challenge. We're so glad you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking around your blog this morning, beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I NEED to start sewing again before I forget how. I am loving your quilt patterns! My grandmother was a very talented quilter/sewist. I should feature her pieces in a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Barb! I admire your work so much, great compliment coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card in the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Wonderful embossing and a gorgeous background! I loved Little Golden Books when I was a kid! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!