Monday, October 1, 2018

Bump in the Night

My brother gave my boys the book M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman many years ago. I scared the poop out of them by reading the short story " The Price" one night before bed. This animatic version is narrated by the author himself!

https://vimeo.com/56573423

Talk about some light sleepers after that! Any little noise and we were all wide awake!

The new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations is Bump in the Night

CIC 455 Bump in the Night

I created this tag with the Black Cat in mind!

[caption id="attachment_12734" align="aligncenter" width="507"]CIC455 and JFF October 2018 002E JFF Rubber Stamps Tiny Black Kat, Bats and Couple Under a Light Post . Club Scrap card stock and ribbon.[/caption]

I trimmed the Couple Under a Light Post stamp *GASP* to isolate the light post and created a scene using the three stamp images. The Tim Holtz stamping platform came in handy when stamping these silhouette stamps multiple times for full coverage!

007E.jpg

I punched a mask for the moon with a 2 in circle punch on a piece of Post it tape, covered my stamped images and dusted the tag with Orange Marmalade Distress Oxide ink. Then I added some Diamond Stickles to the lamp post, inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink and added an eyelet and some ribbon. Now I have a spooky little book mark for my book!

Click HERE for more inspiration from the Design Sweeties and share your hair-raising creations with us! I'll look for you in the gallery!

wendy-signature

CHALLENGES ENTERED:

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - October Anything Goes Challenge #56

The Ribbon Girl Blog - October Anything Goes

Make My Monday Challenge #81 Animals

Your Next Stamp Fall Fun Challenge #98

ATC Around the World  #46- Halloween! 

13 comments:

  1. Very cute scene! Love the way you combined those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous tag. Great techniques and colours.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschön gemacht, gefällt mir sehr, danke für deine Teilnahme bei Atc around the world , Grüße Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scene you created - the way you used distressed inks is impressive. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tag! Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl October 'anything goes' challenge, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great spooky tag! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Make My Monday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!