Sunday, February 4, 2018

Take a Hike!

I like to be different, but sometimes I'm different because I just didn't listen or read things all the way through! Story of my life! DRS Designs is our sponsor at Cupcake Inspirations this week and has generously allowed us to use some of their stamp and digital images. Well, I just glanced at the inspiration photo and saw the colors red, white and pink.

CIC 439 Inspiration image

I leisurely scrolled through the images on the DRS Designs website (some cute stuff there by the way!) and found these that I wanted to use...

[gallery ids="12315,12314" columns="1"]

I received my images and THEN I noticed the challenge theme, LOVE. A moment of panic, then pfffftttt...I got this!

[caption id="attachment_12317" align="alignnone" width="3600"]Take a Hike LO Wendy and Sheri DRS Designs Hiker Boot Prints and Take a Hike images. Club Scrap® Love Ink Digital kit backgrounds and elements.[/caption]

I guess I need to take a new profile pic. I've lost about 20 pounds since then! Maybe I'll wait until April 1, my one year mark. I feel a blog post coming on! My best friend Sheri and I decided it was time to whip ourselves into shape. We started out walking, then hiking, biking and yoga. It's always a work in progress, but I LOVE every minute of it. I can't wait til the weather is nice enough to get out there and start hiking and biking again!

I won't bore you with all the technical details of my digital page, but I will say that Linda Sattgast at Digital Scrapper has THE best tutorials (she is Adobe’s endorsed scrapbooking expert) . Her Learn Digital Scrapbooking class taught me everything I needed to know about Photoshop Elements. I'm not a pro, but sometimes I feel like one! *No, I am not affiliated with Digital Scapper, the classes are just seriously good!*

So, I didn't stop there, I made a digital card too!

[caption id="attachment_12318" align="alignnone" width="2400"]Take a Hike card.jpg Club Scrap® My Funny Valentine digital kit elements. DRS Designs Take a Hike sentiment and Hiker Boot Prints stamp images.[/caption]

I used Club Scrap® 's 02/18 Card Sketch for the background.

0218 Card Sketch

Click here to see another version of this sketch that I created using Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. If you’d like to play along with the challenges (there are some gift certificates up for grabs!). Here are the links:

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge # 439 LOVE theme! DRS Designs is generously providing a prize to their store to our randomly chosen winner!

The next challenge is in the Club Scrap Chat group page on Facebook. This is a closed group, but new members are always welcome!

Club Scrap 02/18 Card Sketch Challenge  

I'll look for your artwork in the galleries!

Wendy Badge[731]

7 comments:

  1. Wendy your layout is awesome! Love all the photos and your card is so cute too. Have a wonderful week! - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, you're creative! Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *taking a bow* Thank you! It’s my therapy...that and riding my bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, gee I’ve never had the problem with misreading instructions...LOL! Happens to me often. Mostly because I get impatient and don’t want to read all the way through, or every word. I’ve gotten myself in trouble a time or two, or three... I love the graphic of the boot tread. How clever is that. Congratulations on the exercise/weight loss journey. I used to run with one of my daughters for exercise. We also followed some of those exercise programs on disc. Sadly I moved farther away from her and now it’s not practical for us to participate. Besides she has small children and exercise and those two things don’t go together too well. I think about going outside to walk, often, but I don’t have a walking partner so I find too many excuses. Perhaps!! Please do share your story. I would love to read it. Besides the human aspect of our lives makes a blog seem more interesting; more relational. Regards, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I’m sorry it’s taken me almost 50 years to decide to get with the program, but now it’s a habit! It’s funny what you start discovering about yourself and the world around you when you hit midlife! Keep walking so you’ll be in shape for those grandkids AND having nice legs and a tight booty is always a plus!🤪

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!