Monday, February 12, 2018

Keep the Wheels Turning!

Yoga with this guy! I gotta keep the wheels turning so this body will run like a well oiled machine. It helps to have a good workout partner. We push each other. He makes me want to be better and healthier!

[caption id="attachment_12323" align="alignnone" width="3600"]Wendy and Chris Yoga Selfie Club Scrap® digital kit elements. Steamworks is currently available.[/caption]

I'm always looking for new things to keep my mind busy too, because I've developed a bad habit of playing on my phone. I'll tool around on it when I'm relaxing and before I know it, it 's been a couple of hours. I really need to delete the Amazon app because it makes buying new crafty supplies waaaaay too easy. I've been eyeing the Gelli Plate for a long time and I bought it after it popped up in an Amazon ad. I am such a sucker! I must have searched for it during my online Christmas spree. WOW, that is kind of scary...big brother is watching! On the plus side, I did open and play with the my new purchase immediately.  The Gelli Plate is going to be my new favorite toy for awhile!

[caption id="attachment_12331" align="alignnone" width="5069"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 019E Club Scrap® Steamworks  gear stencil and coordinating colors of acrylic paint.[/caption]

All of the creative monoprinting prompted me to whip up a set of cards!

CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 003E

The Club Scrap® Idea Deck  and Page Formulas are such great tools when I need a little inspiration! The cutting and assembly instructions are listed on the back of each card. I love that the only thing I have to think about is picking out stamp  images and complementary card stock!

[caption id="attachment_12332" align="aligncenter" width="445"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 022E This month's card for the Club Scrap Chat Idea Deck challenge[/caption]

Card #1

[caption id="attachment_12325" align="alignnone" width="4646"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 009E Club Scrap® Steamworks   Page kit card stock, cut aparts and gear stencil.[/caption]

I substituted the Gelli Plate panel in place of the card stock nesting panel from the Idea Deck directions. I trimmed the cut aparts using detail scissors, inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and assembled the layers according to the sketch design.

Card #2

[caption id="attachment_12326" align="alignnone" width="4699"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 011E Club Scrap® Steamworks  Page kit card stock, 12x12 cut aparts and gear stencil.[/caption]

I trimmed more of the cut aparts to nest on the mini blue squares and added another Gelli Plate panel for the background. The assembly was easy using a grid ruler to line up the edges!

Card #3

[caption id="attachment_12327" align="alignnone" width="3948"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 013E Club Scrap® Steamworks Page kit card stock and 12x12 cut aparts. Stamp image from a past kit that is no longer available.[/caption]

I got a little creative with this card. I made a mini collage cluster with leftover scraps, a stamped sentiment and a little of my own handwriting!

Card #4

CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 018E

This one is for the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog: GIRLY! card challenge. I searched through my stash of stamps and found these little ladies to fit on the tiny panels!

[caption id="attachment_12328" align="alignnone" width="3456"]CS February 2018 Challenge ALSB, Idea Deck, NBUS 014E Club Scrap® Steamworks Page kit card stock and gear stencil. Stamp images inked with Club Scrap's white pigment ink.[/caption]

I used a scrap of Gelli Plate art instead of card stock and tied the colors together with a bit of matching ribbon.

Whew! That's a wrap! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to let me know you were here!

wendy-signature

CHALLENGES ENTERED:

February Anything Goes Crafting Challenge at Polka Doodles 

HIMCR #339 Super Scraps Saturday

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog: GIRLY!

Club Scrap 02/18 Idea Deck Challenge 

Club Scrap 02/18 Past and Present Challenge 

Club Scrap Tool and Stash Challenge: Paint

Club Scrap 02/18 NBUS Challenge: Wheels and Gears

 

26 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the phone. Nice post Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects, Wendy! I would love to try the gelli plates, too, but so far I haven’t splurged. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi! I had a GC from Christmas and splurged with that! I saw a blog post with instructions to make your own, but it looked way too time consuming and messy. Wait til they go on sale. You’re so creative, you’ll love having one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh, Wendy...I love it ALL! You are on a roll, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never know what will motivate me! I think the artistic freedom of the Gelli Plate did it this time. Shhhh....I ordered a smaller one too for a couple of techniques I learned. I really need to delete that amazon app! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much goodnes in this post, Wendy! Love all the cards, the stencil technique and especially the collage that starts this post. Wishing you a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much my friend and the same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, there are some fabulous creations here! You are getting a lot of use and enjoyment out of your lovely new toy. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous girly card at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work here! Thanks for joining us in our week 6 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your designs - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s ridiculous! I’m going to start timing myself and then put it down. 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Wendy! I've been eyeing that idea deck card, I'm a little intimidated by all those squares. I LOVE your mix of stamps and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don’t be intimidated! If you use a grid ruler to line things up, it’s a piece of cake to put together. I love that girly stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing works and wonderful examples on how to use scraps of cardstock, designer papers, ribbon, and even own artistry created bits and pieces! Thanks for linking this to the most recent super scraps Saturday theme challenge for HIMCR! Becca~DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wendy, I love the first card that you shared. So special. I also liked hearing about your yoga and your Amazon struggles. :) Darn them! You have quite the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Becca! It helps to have great challenges to motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! Ol’ Amazon has me in its clutches...maybe I should meditate about it!🤪

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! So many amazing things to look at! You are very talented. Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is awesome Wendy, the richness in your stenciled piece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Julie! I love how the detail in the stencil showed up in the second press!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!