Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thankful and Grateful

My pet peeve is misspelled words. Misspell (mispell) is one of the most commonly misspelled words! Really?! I actually critiqued a Valentine card from my husband before we were married. He's pretty suave, but he can't spell!

misspell

Grateful is another commonly misspelled word. OK, I've done it! I spelled it GREATful for a long time until spell check corrected me. *GASP* Maybe I need to keep my pet peeves to myself!mjaxmy1lm2e1zta5yja2zguyztu0

I will be the first to say I am not perfect. I still have to reference a dictionary or English grammar source on occasion. It takes me forever to write a blog post! Sigh...the OCD struggle is real.

Today starts a new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations and it is a theme/color challenge!

CIC 431

I thought a fall scene would be a great background for my card today. I was inspired by this video on Ranger Ink's Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BawUW9OHn2a/?taken-by=ranger_ink

Here's my take on the challenge!

[caption id="attachment_12089" align="alignnone" width="3126"]CIC 431 002E Club Scrap Adirondacks Jumbo Unmounted background image and sentiment from the Adirondacks Greetings Unmounted stamp sets.  JFF Rubber Stamps Pines Along the Stream image in the foreground. Club Scrap® card stock and Bristol watercolor paper. Distress ink blending on the background.[/caption]

Make something using our fall theme and link up for a chance to be picked as one of our sweet six! I'll look for you in our gallery!

Thankful and GRATEful! (*rolling my eyes* that just looks wrong!)

CIC Sweetie Signature

 

17 comments:

  1. I am grateful you pointed out "greatful"! The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜‚ no telling how many times I’ve written it incorrectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made quite a few ghastly errors myself. Comes with trying to write a post at 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo true! My mom is an English teacher. She is a stickler for spelling and grammar. I dreaded having her correct homework and essays. I learned to proofread to prevent rewrites. I HATE a red pen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there is not Misspelling Prison so I think we are safe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your pet-peeve for proper spelling and grammar, and with a copy-editor daughter, the rest of the family doesn't stand a chance, LOL. I love how the nature scene turned out on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Karen! My mom is an English teacher. We didn't stand a chance either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I think I am a pretty good speller, I am terrible at punctuation. I have struggled with it all my life. Needless to say my grammar classes at school did not help me overcome my problem. I faired miserably in that class. Your challenge piece is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! My sons had a TOUGH junior high English teacher. One of their extra assignments (for bonus points๐Ÿ™„) was a handout with a list of five sentences. Each sentence contained a combination of sentence structures, parts of speech, phrases, clauses, etc. The students had to find sentences in the local paper that matched the requirements, cut them out and tape them on the handout in order to get credit. I dreaded those assignments. They were a family group effort! Both of my grown sons will tell you they are so thankful for Mr. White. They say he was the best English teacher they ever had. (He was a retired college professor teaching in a private school). My MOM was my junior high teacher! ๐Ÿ˜ณ ‘nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally beautiful card, Wendy! Love the background you created!
    And sorry if i misspell any words in my comments, remember, this is not my native language! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you’re funny! Don’t mind me, I’m only kidding! I was making fun of myself for being the misspelling police and all along I was doing it too. You my friend will always get a pass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just used the word grateful today as a matter of fact ;) Love this take on the challenge Wendy - stunning stamping and blended colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks just like a beautiful Colorado sunset! Gorgeous card Wendy! I think "greatful" says it just as well as "grateful" does. (maybe even better!) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Donna! My oldest just got back from a ski trip to Breckinridge. His pictures really do look like that! I’m glad you stopped by. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this made me laugh. It's a pet peeve of mine too. My hubby used to always write "have a grate birthday" on my cards for years. I think after 25 years together he's finally learnt the right way. But I'm not perfect either so we're a good pair. Lovely card you created ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom is an English teacher...I didn't have a chance! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!