Monday, June 7, 2010

My Favorite Artifact…

I loved this Club Scrap kit,  Artifacts, January 2009!  It was perfect for my niece Ellie’s first year swim team pictures.  My dilemma was that I did not want these gorgeous pages in page protectors.  God I hate those!  It reminds me of an old lady I knew when I was a kid.  She covered all of her furniture with plastic, carpet too! If I am making a book for little ones, I will use them, otherwise I like my pages to be 3-D, interactive, and touchable!   I played with some different ideas and came up with this one.  Because Club Scrap paper is so thick and sturdy, I felt comfortable making an accordion fold binding out of it.  I glued my 12*12 pages back to back and glued them to the accordion spine.  I bought a sheet of matte board at Hobby Lobby and had them cut it into  14*14 squares, (I ended up with 4 and two smaller pieces for another project).  The covers ended up costing $5 or so, I couldn’t buy an album for that!  I modge podged some of the Artifacts paper to the covers and used some grungeboard hinges for extra support.  I am so pleased with how this turned out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!