Wednesday, June 4, 2014

♫ Put the Lime in the Coconut...♫

Hipstamatic and Wordswag

OK, I put strawberries in the coconut, but that song kept coming to mind while I did it! I'm trying to eat healthier...I bought frozen fruit, coconut milk, coconut manna and experimented. This recipe turned out pretty good! 

Strawberry Colada Smoothie

5 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup vanilla Chobani yogurt
1 tsp coconut manna (warm jar in hot water to soften)
1/2 cup chilled unsweetened coconut milk
Blend in blender til smooth! Serve in your favorite glass. 


My favorite glasses...

Hipstamatic

I have been married for 23 years and these were a wedding gift. I remember picking them out, they are the coolest rocks glasses! I rarely took them out because I didn't want them to get broken. Sigh...life is too short not to enjoy them when I want to! So, here's to good health...cheers! 

A new to me app, Bubble Frame. Fun! I was playing around with it at the ballpark waiting for Jake's game to start...

Check out +Barb's  blog for the "app happy wednesday" linky party!


Keeping With The Times

11 comments:

  1. Now that song is going through MY head! I'm not familiar with coconut manna- will have to check it out! I love smoothies too- adding Kale to every one these days. I love the addition of the coconut- will have to try it. Thanks for the tip about Bubble Frame! And beautiful gasses like yours are meant to be used (and photographed!)- beautiful images today, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is fun to play with. The option to add video was kinda cool! Haven't tried it yet though.

      Delete
  3. Isn't App Happy the greatest? Your smoothie looks and sounds great! And Bubble Frame looks like it could be quite addictive. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Viv, I'm laughing because I am such a sucker!

      Delete
  5. Oh now my mouth is watering... I could use a coconut smoothie right now - yumm! I'm loving that Bubble frame! Thanks so much for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! Lotsa fun and gets me blogging.

      Delete
  6. Great way to showcase 2 photos. Looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!