Monday, July 13, 2015

July 2015 Twinchie Swap

Since it is mid-summer, and I am yearning for the beach, I chose the BTSS stamps for my twinchies for the July 2015 Twinchie swap at Club Scrap. Many moons ago I was an FFC Crafter for Club Scrap. One of the first classes that I taught was creating ALSB pages for the By the Seashore (BTSS) kit. The kit papers are long gone, but I still have my stamps!


One of the techniques that I taught in my class was the Tim Holtz Perfect Distress stamping technique. It looked sooooo good with the BTSS stamps!

             

 So, I got out my Perfect Pearls and distress inks and my little pieces of flair came together.


I chose the salty ocean distress ink, because of the theme of course! Red-orange was the complementary color for the blue-green of my paper so I chose perfect copper Perfect Pearls. I love how it turned out! The blue and the copper made an iridescent magenta color when they mixed.


I heat embossed little pieces of pearlescent vellum with copper foil embossing powder to complement the Perfect Pearls. I wanted to add a little something extra and I found a stash of tiny seashells. I added one to the front of each twinchie.


Here's a close up...


In celebration of summer, I have an unmounted sheet of BTSS stamps (scroll up for the pic) AND a bottle of Mount it adhesive to give away! Just leave your comment below and I'll choose a winner on July 24.

Hope you are enjoying your summer, ♪♫ Feelin' hot, hot, hot!♫ (or is it just me?) 

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful Wendy! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I've newly rejoined Club Scrap these stamps are new to me! Must go check out the gallery for inspiration. I'm in south Florida just a stones throw from the Atlantic Ocean . I love the bird and grass images

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful, Wendy! You need to post on the NBUS challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, they turned out just beautiful! I live by the Jersey shore and have loads of pics from vacations we took in Wildwood Crest. Gorgeous beach with white sand. I am & always will be a Jersey girl. I would so love to win those stamps. they would be so perfect with my pics. Thanks so much for the chance & I can't wait to get your twinchie!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!