Tuesday, May 13, 2014

2+2=37

My Memaw turned 89 last week. We celebrated her birthday on Mother's Day with a family picnic. All of her children, most of the grandchildren and great grands were there. It was a good day, even with the few rain showers. I think we all had a good time! I wanted to make something she would enjoy, so I made her a folding album chock full of everyone's Facebook pictures. You can find the instructions for this mini scrapbook album at Club Scrap Creates blog.

My aunt sent me some pictures of her, daddy and my uncle when they were little. Those were my favorites. My sister said she could see a little of all of us in daddy's sweet little face. 

Memaw is pretty crafty herself. She could make anything! She even writes a blog! Click here to visit her blog and read some of her stories. My earliest paper crafting memory was paper dolls in the McCall's magazine! And she could sew the most beautiful Barbie clothes. If something didn't go just right she would say, "We're just going to do it like this," and she would magically make it work. Well, that echoed in my mind when I got a little frustrated while making the album. My envelopes kept tearing from the weight of the pictures! I ended up taking the whole album apart and reinforcing the folds where the signatures were attached. Worked like a charm.  I sure am glad I got some of those crafty genes. Love you Memaw. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!