Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Club Scrap June Hopes Blog Hop!

HopesBlogHop_Badge_2_zpsebe1df8fWelcome to my stop on the Club Scrap Hopes Blog Hop! If you started on the Club Scrap Creates Blog, you are in the right place. If not, keep in mind that you can access the whole list of participants from there at any time.
My Dad just had his 62nd birthday and took my boys to Omaha for the College World Series. Of course that was “scrapworthy”! My sister took most of the birthday pictures with her iphone using  Instagram . My sisters and some of my closest friends introduced me to the Instagram and Hipstamatic apps for the iphone. The apps have a bunch of cool filters and effects for creating a cross-processed, textured look to your photos, with an added online sharing component. The photos print in cute little 4*4 squares, perfect for small photo albums.  I love playing with the filters!  I’m a digi ALSB scrapper, so I got out my Idea Decks for this project and I found three layouts that had square sized photo mattes for the Instagram photos. (The ALSB Digital Layouts tutorial by CS Jac opened my eyes to digi scrapping!)
Scan-6
I made templates out of the Idea Deck layouts so that I can use the layers as clipping masks for quick and easy layouts later.
Looking Glass Formula template screen shot

Birthday dinner and the airport send off!
Git-r-Smokin-LO1 Git-r-Smokin-LO2
A little somethin’ extra if you use PSE …. I really like the vintage look that some of the photography app filters give my photos and wanted to reproduce the look for some of my photos not on Instagram or Hipstamatic. I subscribe to Photoshop Elements Magazine and I highly recommend “The Instagram Effect” tutorial parts 1&2 to recreate two popular Instagram filters for your photos, Toaster and Earlybird.  The possibilities are endless! I  saved my filters as PSD files and can use them over and over. 
(Click photo to enlarge)
Before and After applied Instagram Effects
Next stop is  Deb’s blog at http://debduzscrappin.blogspot.com/.  Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!