Sunday, June 9, 2013

Here Comes Trouble!

My nephew was born June 3, 2013! Third times the charm. My Aunt Linda, Kellan Allen’s great aunt posted this on our family group page on Facebook:
“Welcome to the Family , Kellan Allen ! You are the first male  namesake of Memaw and Papaw's great-grands! You were born almost 90 years after your great-papaw was born on June 23, 1923. Papaw would have been so proud! Your daddy was the first male  namesake of the grands, so it is befitting that you are the first for the great-grands. Lots of hugs and kisses for your lovely Mommy, cutie big sisters, and your proud daddy. Auntie Linda and Uncle  Jan .”
Well of course I had to make something special…
005
My first quilt. With the help of Jenny at the Missouri Star Quilt Company’s rag quilt tutorial, I did it!

Blue and brown minky checkerboard on one side and three patterns from the Oh Deer line by Moda Fabrics on the other. I made the card to match using cardstock from Club Scrap and the Oh Boy! Cricut cartridge.002
001 002 083 085

My hands got a work out after clipping all those edges, but I love how it turned out. I even made some simple receiving blankets and topstitched with some of the decorative stitches on my machine. I am a sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!