Monday, December 19, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree!

I'm a little late getting my tree up this year, but it's finally decorated! I have a huge collection of ornaments, but I always seem to put up the handmade ornaments my babies (now grown men!) have made over the years first. By the time they are all up, I don't have room for any more. Some of the paper ornaments are missing a little glitter, but all in all they are just as pretty as the day they gave them to me.



Twenty-six years later and my Hallmark Keepsake ornament still works! My little sister (who was 11 at the time) gave it to us our for our first Christmas. It's one of the first ones I put on the tree.

 

[wpvideo ooKnmDvA]

 

Trying to get this crew together to decorate the tree is almost impossible. Luckily I am a machine when I'm tired and make up my mind to "get 'r done".  They appreciate the end result though!


I even put up my Dickens Christmas Village with a week to spare!



My favorite thing to do at Christmas? Admire my Christmas memory tree filled with the most precious ornaments made by sweet little hands once upon a time.

[caption id="attachment_4451" align="alignnone" width="480"]055rz Club Scrap card stock and stamp images. Images and card stock edges inked with Versamark and embossed with Ranger Ink Gold embossing powder, then colored with Faber Castell Big Brush markers. Gems from my stash. [/caption]

 

056rz

Do more of what makes you happy!

wendy-signature

Challenges entered:

Cards in Envy Celebrate the Season Challenge

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #92 Anything Goes

PINspirational Challenge #181 

dec20

Club Scrap 12/16 NBUS Challenge

19 comments:

  1. Your tree is gorgeous (and so is your card)! It's fun to know I'm not the only one late with the tree this year, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I just COULD NOT get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Wendy - beautiful embossing and colouring that perfectly matches our challenge. Thanks for sharing your work at {PIN}spirational Challenges #181. Good Luck and hope to see you again next time.

    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your traditional tree. So warm-looking! The card is super. Great Christmas-light colours, I think and the embossing at the edges is a fab finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks so warm and inviting! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card - I love the gold edging! Your tree is beautiful. I hear you about the homemade ornaments. They are my favorite part of my tree too! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Cards in Envy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thanks for sharing your ornaments and tree with us! Great memories! Your card is gorgeous and I love the script on the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you enjoyed it! This is a link to the font! http://www.dafont.com/gondola-sd.font

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the memories of the hand made ornaments. We also have ornaments given to us as gifts over the years, or that we purchased on trips. I do love your card and the lovely sentiment it has. The embossing and colors is so rich and pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Heidi! My kids will inherit a stash of brand new ornaments when they get married, I'll never part with the handmade ones. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful traditional Christmas! Your card is beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wendy! I agree that the handmade ornaments are the most special. I have 2 my grandmother made for us that are very special to me. Love the card. That gold embossing really sets off the beautiful colors you used. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Donna! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning make , thanks for playing at {PIN}spirational Challenge Lisa DT

    https://handmadewithlovebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning make , thanks for playing at {PIN}spirational Challenge Lisa DT

    https://handmadewithlovebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!