Wednesday, March 25, 2015

50s Kitchen Blog Hop!

Welcome to my stop on the 50s Kitchen blog hop! Isn't this collection soooo cute?! I had such a hard time deciding what to do for my project. I wanted to use EVERYTHING!

50s Kitchen Club Scrap Deluxe Kit

50s Kitchen Cat Clock Stencil

50s Kitchen Greetings to Go 

I made an Office Depot run for some mailing supplies and, of course, I had to look over the clearance rack while I waited in line. I found an "old school"  three ring binder address book that had a torn cover. BINGO! After a little "wheeling and dealing" with the manager, he discounted it to $2. I could work with that! A little recovering with the 50s Kitchen Lite papers, and an embellishment using some Ten Seconds Studios metal with the Kit Kat Klock stencil and voila! 




I love making something for myself that I will actually use! I am forever writing phone numbers down on pieces of paper that never make it to my Iphone contacts OR my phone isn't charged when I need to look something up. To quote my sister, "sometimes 'old school' is mo betta!" 

The next stop on the hop is Cathy at The Artful Gamut. If you would like to start at the beginning of the hop click here. Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome project,Wendy.Love that you used the metal for embellishing your phonebook!
    I am sure you love using it and willbe asked where you bought it! Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project, love the cat clock...and congrats on your wheeling and dealing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Old school" is awesome! That binder was a great find, and I love how you upgraded it into something useful AND decorative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, my whole desk is covered with little sticky notes right now. I'm hopeless at organization!! Great discount shopping too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, this is so cute and clever use of the stencil too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score on the $2 bargain buy! You really made it into such a great find! I totally understand the lost sticky note thing. Old school is better sometimes! Have a great day Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it when a discount item can be upgraded with craft supplies! You did a great job on the buy and the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you re-purposed the address book. I agree, some times old school is better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great refresh! I, too, still rely heavily on my well-worn address book for addresses and phone numbers. In this age of technology, I haven't memorized a phone number in YEARS. Hmm...since my cover is looking a little shabby, it might be time for me to recover MY book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute binder redo! It will be so much fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute addy book! what a cleaver idea and I love your resourcefulness of getting a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the clearance section at the office supply stores. Wonderful use of your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wheeling and dealing sure landed you a cute and practical craft project; way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shopping skills :) Wow, metal used with the cat stencil is way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using the metal is a nice touch. Love the color of the cat.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!