Wednesday, June 24, 2015

National Parks Blog Hop!

Welcome to the June Blog Hop! This month we are road trippin' with the National Parks kit!

The last week of May my family and I took a trip to Colorado. When we got home, my pizza box was waiting for me on the front porch. I make a point NOT to peek at the Club Scrap kit spoilers, I love the surprise. And what a surprise! The National Park kit was PERFECT for my vacation photos!


This month's technique challenge was just the project I was looking for when planning how to scrap my vacation photos. All of the pictures were taken with our cell phones, and I discovered the Walgreens photo app for my iPhone. I uploaded my pictures and when I picked them up, the Instagram and Hipstamatic photos were printed 4x4 size. Perfect for the little square album! I adjusted the size to fit my photos and voila! 

I made a Pinterest National Parks mood board and found some really neat vintage travel posters. I resized them and printed them out on the cream cardstock. 

I had so many pictures! I ended up making little flip books on each page. 




 A few of the 4x6 photos needed a place and I trimmed them to fit in the little  pockets on some of the pages. I backed them with card stock so that they won't bend with use. I love this vintage travel poster! 

This was the pic on the reverse side of the Vail poster. Lots of group selfies on this trip!

These little flip books filled up fast! 
There's a whole lotta fun memories crammed in this little book.  It is so fun to share with all the interactive bits. I'll definately be making this project again and again! Next up on the hop is Annette's Digital Musings. Thanks for stopping by!



19 comments:

  1. Super awesome Wendy. Casing this for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fantastic, Wendy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing, right? Yep. We knew you'd be coming home from that trip and would be in need of this collection. You're welcome. :) Terrific handmade book, Wendy! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great memories and the perfect way to share them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you went on a trip and then came home and scrapped it! you just raised yourself up on a pedestal... IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to use the 4x4 format! Your book is adorable . . . perfect for carrying around and showing off to anyone who'll stop and take a look. (Not that I do that or anything.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will make great memories for your guys! Thanks for sharing this amazing photo album with us. Aunt Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful mini booklet, Wendy, with a book inside. Love what you have done.
    Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful... the project is great!! I am totally stoked to find out about the Walgreens app.!!! Thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute Wendy! I love the little flip up pages and those vintage travel posters are a perfect addition! LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were in Colorado (Denver) and didn't stop by and say hi! Would have loved to have lunch with you. Maybe next trip. Cool album! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfect, just a wonderful way to have your trip pictures all together, really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy, you really packed that book with goodies! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful how that timing worked out. Gorgeous album from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome little book! Love how many photos you got into it. The vintage travel posters are a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Your book contains so many photos. It's very attractive and user friendly with the flip books and pockets. Grat ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I do my best to reply, but if you don't get an email response from me, be sure to check your blog settings and that you have included your email address for replies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!